Police filmed while stealing...

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
After reading some other readers' posts, I wanted to share the links, so DR1ers living in the Saman?/Las Terrenas area can see the photos for themself :

Le site de Las Terrenas, 2vouzamoi.com , l'information au quotidien, les news ...

http://securite.lt.site.voila.fr/

According to that website, many robberies and violent agressions happened around monday night in Las Terrenas.

A french lady has been shot in her foot after telling the thiefs she had no items to be stolen. That happened in Pueblecito, her name is Monique. She is doing better now, because somehow the bones hasn't been damaged and the bullet went out. But she is psychologycally shocked.

On the road to Playa Bonita, the hotel Pino de Austria has been attacked, and the manager has been beaten up by the thieves. As you can see on the pictures, the thieves are policemen, in uniform, without a mask.

For us in Las Terrenas, it never was a secret that the police was behind most robberies, and was also organising the drug trade.

Now there are pictures and a video of the police commiting those robberies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
On the 2nd link, it says they were fake cops (faux policiers).
If that is the true, this is nothing new that thieves would dress up as cops or military to commit crimes.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
On the 2nd link, it says they were fake cops (faux policiers).
If that is the true, this is nothing new that thieves would dress up as cops or military to commit crimes.

-Who knows ?

My personal feeling is that they are real cops...

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You live

in a country without rule of law. What more is there to say?
Suggestions as to how the population changes this same old thing welcomed.

john

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Exchange

-Who knows ?
My personal feeling is that they are real cops...

Well, some people know and they keep their mouths shut.

Rumour has it, that a hotel owner has been to SD police HQ with the photos and that the LT police force was exchanged.

That was done several times in the past without changing the situation much.

But wait, it somehow did for the ones involved:
Police do like to be in LT; somehow, someway they earn more here than in other places... ;)

m'frog

Squat

Jan 1, 2002

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Rumour has it, that a hotel owner has been to SD police HQ with the photos and that the LT police force was exchanged.

That was done several times in the past without changing the situation much.

I agree... However, changing the whole police force is a way to admit it was guilty as charged...

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
Hmm i dont know man... this article says it was two people dressed in police uniforms http://dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=23932

Is it just me or is it that every person in here is very pessimistic about the DR? this kind of stuff happens everywhere even in the US people just dont know how the legit police uniform looks like
http://www.2vouzamoi.com/admin/photo/actu/actu20070514022632.jpg

as you can see in these photos there are no badges, patches, or anything to identify that they are policemen only a gun so for me the PN needs a bigger presence in the area so people can visually see how a legit cop looks like

scotpgot

May 26, 2004
www.jazzwriter.com
For the short time I've been here, I've heard the rumor over and over and over again that the cops are part of the crime population here in LT. In GENERAL I tend to believe, "Where there's smoke, there's fire".

ONE of the stories I've heard was of someone who got robbed two or three times in the same week so they set up a guillotine-type device to cut the hand of the person that was busting in the front door screen. It worked, and the next day one of the cops was MIA because of a missing hand.

In a town such as LT, where everybody seems to know everybody (I, in fact, am known to the cops in spite of my EXTREMELY limited dealings with them, I think I've been in the police station twice in two years, neither time for any criminal activity), I would think that if they REALLY wanted to stop drug activity and house thefts, they could. (At least to a major extent).

You know who was surprised when the rumors circulated that there was now video footage of cops robbing a hotel?

Nobody.

Like I said, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
this article says it was two people dressed in police uniforms
That is now the "official" version the police wants us to believe...

Is it just me or is it that every person in here is very pessimistic about the DR?
Not pessimistic, just realistic enough not be be completely blind...

as you can see in these photos there are no badges, patches, or anything to identify that they are policemen only a gun
Most of the time, this is exactly how any cop would look like... no badge, no patch... just a gun...

However, let me say that I am not saying I have 100% proof they are cop... It is just a very strong gut feeling... People living in the LT area know what I refer to...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I looked at 10 of those pics last weekend - if my 'gut' reaction is anything to go on ;) I'd split the difference. The stocky one I think is definitely police because I've seen him before, further up the north coast. Can I prove it? No. The thin one I would say maybe isn't. Not seen him before.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
During today's broadcast, Adriano Miguel Tejada said that one of the men, the chubbier one, was a police sergeant!
Can't get clearer than that.

Hb

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
During today's broadcast, Adriano Miguel Tejada said that one of the men, the chubbier one, was a police sergeant!

Hb

Thank you for the confirmation, HB !!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Hb

Knew I'd seen him somewhere..................;) Actually knew last w/e but gave my word I wouldn't use the info. It's now in print btw
C?maras captan dos hombres cuando atracaban en hotel de Las Terrenas :: Policiales :: DiarioDigitalRD.com - Noticias Republica Dominicana

And have you SEEN the reaction. The police world & its wife are descending on LT
Cambian el jefe policial de Las Terrenas :: Policiales :: DiarioDigitalRD.com - Noticias Republica Dominicana

The not so Secret Policeman's Ball? Or Sergeant Pepperspray's Lonely Hearts Club Band?

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
Interesting story!

So they cut off the guy's hand... Any news of what they did with the hand afterwards? Like take it to the police station, bury it in the yard, keep it in the freezer for a while?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
You all probably know by now that, Lieutenant General, Bernardo Santana P?ez, Chief of the National Police, has arranged the removal of the entire Las Terrenas police crew, after one of their members, a sergeant, was caught on camera robbing a Hotel, along with other military attired hoodlums. Also removed were the entire POLITUR and AMET crews....

List?n Diario Digital

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Also removed were the entire POLITUR and AMET crews....

It is Politur & DNCD...

Actually they always do the same thing : switching the entire police force. They never arrest the thieves. So the new police force has the chance to make some money with robberies and drug dealing...