volunteer work in Las Terrenas

skatz1921

May 15, 2007
This is my first posting as I have only been in the DR for 3 weeks now. I'm looking to extend my time here, experience the culture, and do some meaningful work. I have found a program in Las Terrenas by the name of Fundacion Mahatma Gandhi. I have recently had a terrible experience at Rancho Wendy near Bonao (highly unrecommended if anyone was wondering...spread the word). I'm looking to avoid another repeat situation so I was wondering if anyone has heard of this program and their opinion on it. I'm currently at Rocky's in Sosua having a great time. Thanks for everyone's time and help.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Lambada & Squat.
I knew someone here would have the much needed info.
The OP is a real sweetheart and anyone who benefits from her volunteer work, should consider themselves lucky.
After the Rancho Wendy experience, it's nice to know that the next adventure will be a pleasant one..
Having your seal of approval is fantastic.
Thanks again.

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Become associated with this group. They are all good people trying to help the community. They have started a library and are encouraging Dominican children and adults in the community to become more involved.
With all the negative things that are going on in Las Terrenas it is important to do something positive if you can. PM me and I can give you the e-mail addresses of some people who can give you more information.

skatz1921

May 15, 2007
Thank you all for giving me the confidence to go there without trepidation. I am planning on spending at least a month now working for their summer camp starting mid-late june. It's good to make connections with helpful people, so thank you everyone. Especially Marc, thanks for the kind words and for helping me sort everything out.