Bus to Cotui from Santo Domingo

K

Katia

I'm planning to visit some friends in Fantino de Cotui during the week of May 13th, 2000. Does anyone know the buse fare from Santo Domingo to Cotui as well as the schedule ?

Also, I would like to know the bus fare from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe's Casa Del Mar Hotel.

Thank you,

Katia

D

DR1

Caribe Tours can take you to Cotu? from their Leopoldo Navarro/27 de Febrero terminal for RD$55 (less than US$4). They leave at 10:30 am and 5:30 pm. From Cotu? you can take public transportation (a minibus, motoconcho or carro p?blico) to Fantino which should be much less than that.

To get to Bayahibe, go to Parque Enriquillo in Santo Domingo and look up Transporte Higuey. We couldn't find them listed in the phone book. Fare should be less than US$5 on one of the Transporte Higuey minibuses. Once you get to Bayahibe, the town, you can walk to Casa del Mar or take a carro p?blico, motoconcho or taxi.

D

Drake

Katia,

You can also take a private bus leaving from the famous KM 9 of the Duarte Highway. Tickets are $RD40 and they leave every half hour. They are not as comfortable as the Caribe Tours buses but are alot more fun. Some might go all the way to Fantino. If you are stopping in Cotui I would advise not taking a Motoconcho as it is a little far. You can get a public car from the plaza but be prepared to share the little car with six other people!