Revista????

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Does anyone know if the new revista window stickers are in yet. We went about 3 months ago and were told they did not have them and stamped (the wonderful world of stamps) our paperwork saying to go back in a couple of weeks for the sticker. Well a month later still not stickers. Before making another trip to POP does any know if the stickers are in yet. If not my "stamped" papers will have to do.

Bob K

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I got mine in Santo Domingo at the DGII's setup in the Quisqueya Stadium parking lot three weeks ago.

Logic would say they would be available in Puerto Plata, if logic could be applied in this lovely country. :tired:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
As of last week they do have the new stickers in Puerto Plata. A friend of mine also went through the "stamp" process. They told her repeatedly - we will have them next week - that went on for 2 months. Now they actually have them, or they did last week.

cork

Aug 23, 2003
a question

Confirmed. They have them. I went and got mine this morning. It took 5 mins.

Did you go inside or have the street helpers help you? If you used the street guys, how much is it this year?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Did you go inside or have the street helpers help you? If you used the street guys, how much is it this year?

I've never had the street helpers help me, I always go inside. Did you see my post here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/62487-renewing-dr-driving-licence-vast-improvement.html
about what the new big sign outside says? Actually the desk for revistas is outside under the porch (inside is driving licences). Take copies of matricula, insurance & the Banreservas tax payment slip (45 pesos). I tipped the guy because he went & copied my insurance plastic card for me (I'd forgotten to do that). They are entitled to check lights, triangle, botiquin, etc etc. If you don't want something checked a regalo will do the trick (that's to the actual guys working there). So I can't answer what the outside guys are asking for because I've never used them. However if there are any elderly unattached gringas going there I can tell you there's a young man looking for a 'wife' hanging round at the revista desk. He was refreshingly honest: he asked 'Do you live in Puerto Plata?' 'Yes' 'Are you married?' 'Yes, why?' (bit of a fib but I am in a partnership). 'I'm looking for a gringa wife' 'Whose?' 'No no.......to marry' 'Sorry, I'm much too old for you' 'No old is good' 'Quicker inheritance?'
'EXACTLY - hey (to assembled buddies) she understands'. So Transporte Terrestre has its own sanky panky..............:) The exchange of course accompanied by beaming smiles all round. I told him to try Sosua, more gringas there...................

cork

Aug 23, 2003
..If I may..

I've never had the street helpers help me, I always go inside. Did you see my post here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/62487-renewing-dr-driving-licence-vast-improvement.html
about what the new big sign outside says? Actually the desk for revistas is outside under the porch (inside is driving licences). Take copies of matricula, insurance & the Banreservas tax payment slip (45 pesos). I tipped the guy because he went & copied my insurance plastic card for me (I'd forgotten to do that). They are entitled to check lights, triangle, botiquin, etc etc. If you don't want something checked a regalo will do the trick (that's to the actual guys working there). So I can't answer what the outside guys are asking for because I've never used them. However if there are any elderly unattached gringas going there I can tell you there's a young man looking for a 'wife' hanging round at the revista desk. He was refreshingly honest: he asked 'Do you live in Puerto Plata?' 'Yes' 'Are you married?' 'Yes, why?' (bit of a fib but I am in a partnership). 'I'm looking for a gringa wife' 'Whose?' 'No no.......to marry' 'Sorry, I'm much too old for you' 'No old is good' 'Quicker inheritance?'
'EXACTLY - hey (to assembled buddies) she understands'. So Transporte Terrestre has its own sanky panky..............:) The exchange of course accompanied by beaming smiles all round. I told him to try Sosua, more gringas there...................

Thank you yet again Ginnie.

Could I ask what the procedure for the placa is regarding who to pay, where and how. (cash or electronic) Last year I had Apolo do it for me.

My Spanish is improved but still limited, so signs help only if I have my dictionary with me.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thank you yet again Ginnie.

Could I ask what the procedure for the placa is regarding who to pay, where and how. (cash or electronic) Last year I had Apolo do it for me.

My Spanish is improved but still limited, so signs help only if I have my dictionary with me.

Placas aren't due for renewal yet are they? Revistas are - proceedure I've already covered. I covered driving licence renewal on the other thread. By placa you mean marbete? I haven't seen anything which indicates new placas (metal reg. plates for cars) are being issued. In the years when it isn't a new placa it's a holographic marbete to go on windscreen. Haven't seen anything about those being needed yet either. You could be right cork, I may have missed it. Post the link on this thread to where you saw it.

Who is Apolo? Not my sanky panky looking for a gringa wife..........? :)

PS. cork, take your dictionary with you.................;)

cork

Aug 23, 2003
Placas aren't due for renewal yet are they? Revistas are - proceedure I've already covered. I covered driving licence renewal on the other thread. By placa you mean marbete? I haven't seen anything which indicates new placas (metal reg. plates for cars) are being issued. In the years when it isn't a new placa it's a holographic marbete to go on windscreen. Haven't seen anything about those being needed yet either. You could be right cork, I may have missed it. Post the link on this thread to where you saw it.

Who is Apolo? Not my sanky panky looking for a gringa wife..........? :)

PS. cork, take your dictionary with you.................;)

Apolo Motors, Pablo Brugal. I bought my car there and they went to get my "placa" (just the sticker) for me in July. I got my revista in October. Since i didn't go to get it myself, I don't know where to go, who to pay and what to take with me.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Apolo Motors, Pablo Brugal. I bought my car there and they went to get my "placa" (just the sticker) for me in July. I got my revista in October. Since i didn't go to get it myself, I don't know where to go, who to pay and what to take with me.

Oh Don Pablo! of course we know him. Grahame's played golf with him. OK everyone forget about placas, cork didn't mean it. Panic off. ;) So you want to know about revista? Did you read post 8? Is that not clear? :confused: What is it you don't undertand about Take copies of matricula, insurance & the Banreservas tax payment slip (45 pesos).

Sometimes size helps............;)

Banreservas is we old codgers term for Banco de Reservas :) You know where OTTT is because you've already referred to outside helpers. What did I miss?

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Current Revista???

In POP area, which would be the current revista that should be on the car? Our current ones are "green" and are about 3 inches long and less than one inch high..........and say "2006"....

Although there is discussion in the last 2 months on this thread about them it doesn't really specify which year they are talking about..........

:paranoid: thanks :paranoid:

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
In POP area, which would be the current revista that should be on the car? Our current ones are "green" and are about 3 inches long and less than one inch high..........and say "2006"....

Although there is discussion in the last 2 months on this thread about them it doesn't really specify which year they are talking about..........

:paranoid: thanks :paranoid:

SORRY, I MADE A MISTAKE ON THE ABOVE..(the ones I described above are the placa's NOT REVISTA'S)...........the revista's we have now are round and are black/blue/silver and say 2006-2007........... are these the current ones??????