Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revista????

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Revista????

Does anyone know if the new revista window stickers are in yet. We went about 3 months ago and were told they did not have them and stamped (the wonderful world of stamps) our paperwork saying to go back in a couple of weeks for the sticker. Well a month later still not stickers. Before making another trip to POP does any know if the stickers are in yet. If not my "stamped" papers will have to do.

Bob K

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I got mine in Santo Domingo at the DGII's setup in the Quisqueya Stadium parking lot three weeks ago.

Logic would say they would be available in Puerto Plata, if logic could be applied in this lovely country.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Puerto Plata didn't have them the week before last. I asked when I renewed my driving licence. I was told Monday, which would have been last Monday. I'll return in August & ask again. It's usually announced in the newspapers when they arrive.

Meanwhile Transporte Terrestre's website is showing the detail for last year's revista:
    Secretaria de Estado de Obras Públicas y Comunicaciones

DR 5 : Logic 0

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

As of last week they do have the new stickers in Puerto Plata. A friend of mine also went through the "stamp" process. They told her repeatedly - we will have them next week - that went on for 2 months. Now they actually have them, or they did last week.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed. They have them. I went and got mine this morning. It took 5 mins.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Different Stickers

'Revista' or 'marbete'?

m'frog

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a question

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    Confirmed. They have them. I went and got mine this morning. It took 5 mins.
    Did you go inside or have the street helpers help you? If you used the street guys, how much is it this year?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post
    Did you go inside or have the street helpers help you? If you used the street guys, how much is it this year?
    I've never had the street helpers help me, I always go inside. Did you see my post here
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/624...provement.html
    about what the new big sign outside says? Actually the desk for revistas is outside under the porch (inside is driving licences). Take copies of matricula, insurance & the Banreservas tax payment slip (45 pesos). I tipped the guy because he went & copied my insurance plastic card for me (I'd forgotten to do that). They are entitled to check lights, triangle, botiquin, etc etc. If you don't want something checked a regalo will do the trick (that's to the actual guys working there). So I can't answer what the outside guys are asking for because I've never used them. However if there are any elderly unattached gringas going there I can tell you there's a young man looking for a 'wife' hanging round at the revista desk. He was refreshingly honest: he asked 'Do you live in Puerto Plata?' 'Yes' 'Are you married?' 'Yes, why?' (bit of a fib but I am in a partnership). 'I'm looking for a gringa wife' 'Whose?' 'No no.......to marry' 'Sorry, I'm much too old for you' 'No old is good' 'Quicker inheritance?'
    'EXACTLY - hey (to assembled buddies) she understands'. So Transporte Terrestre has its own sanky panky.............. The exchange of course accompanied by beaming smiles all round. I told him to try Sosua, more gringas there...................

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ..If I may..

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    I've never had the street helpers help me, I always go inside. Did you see my post here
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/624...provement.html
    about what the new big sign outside says? Actually the desk for revistas is outside under the porch (inside is driving licences). Take copies of matricula, insurance & the Banreservas tax payment slip (45 pesos). I tipped the guy because he went & copied my insurance plastic card for me (I'd forgotten to do that). They are entitled to check lights, triangle, botiquin, etc etc. If you don't want something checked a regalo will do the trick (that's to the actual guys working there). So I can't answer what the outside guys are asking for because I've never used them. However if there are any elderly unattached gringas going there I can tell you there's a young man looking for a 'wife' hanging round at the revista desk. He was refreshingly honest: he asked 'Do you live in Puerto Plata?' 'Yes' 'Are you married?' 'Yes, why?' (bit of a fib but I am in a partnership). 'I'm looking for a gringa wife' 'Whose?' 'No no.......to marry' 'Sorry, I'm much too old for you' 'No old is good' 'Quicker inheritance?'
    'EXACTLY - hey (to assembled buddies) she understands'. So Transporte Terrestre has its own sanky panky.............. The exchange of course accompanied by beaming smiles all round. I told him to try Sosua, more gringas there...................
    Thank you yet again Ginnie.

Could I ask what the procedure for the placa is regarding who to pay, where and how. (cash or electronic) Last year I had Apolo do it for me.

My Spanish is improved but still limited, so signs help only if I have my dictionary with me.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post
    Thank you yet again Ginnie.

Could I ask what the procedure for the placa is regarding who to pay, where and how. (cash or electronic) Last year I had Apolo do it for me.

My Spanish is improved but still limited, so signs help only if I have my dictionary with me.
    Placas aren't due for renewal yet are they? Revistas are - proceedure I've already covered. I covered driving licence renewal on the other thread. By placa you mean marbete? I haven't seen anything which indicates new placas (metal reg. plates for cars) are being issued. In the years when it isn't a new placa it's a holographic marbete to go on windscreen. Haven't seen anything about those being needed yet either. You could be right cork, I may have missed it. Post the link on this thread to where you saw it.

Who is Apolo? Not my sanky panky looking for a gringa wife..........?

PS. cork, take your dictionary with you.................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast