Confirm Those resevations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Freeman

Jun 21, 2006
This is probably common sense to most of DR1 readers, but I thought I'd share this experience.

I made a reservation through my timeshare company, Inerval International, back in January for my next trip to Sosua. I will be arriving Saturday.

So TODAY ( my wife was NOT impressed that I waited this long!), I called the hotel direct to make sure I had a reservation.
I had my Interval confirmation number but the hotel had no record of my reservation. Basically I had no reservation with the hotel.

After a few phone calls to Interval's help desk and some faxes back and forth between Interval and the Hotel...I now have a reservation.

I started this at 10:00 and it is now almost 2:00.

I'm sure glad I didn't have to handle this from the hotel lobby Saturday!
Moral of this story...even if you have confirmation from a travel agency or time share compay.... Double check directly with the hotel.
Now, I'm ready for a Presidente!

Feb 7, 2007
It is always a good idea to confirm all reservations air/hotel/car several days before you travel, so you have time to "work the phone" in case something is wrong. Believe it or not, but even "confirmed" reservations, such as travel agents', expedia, tarvelocity, etc. sometimes get "lost in transmission" and you don't have reservation in the hotel/car rental/airline even though your travel agent has you confirmed on their side and their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.