Data Protection Act?

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Does the DR have an equivalent piece of legislation as the UK Data Protection Act and what is it called? If not, would bank managers be aware of the equivalent legislation in the US and what is it called?

I'm halfway through an e-mail to person at a bank in DR following (yet another) cock up by Barclays bank in the UK. I'm hoping that if I make a Data Protection Disclosure Request (here in the UK) I will force them to give me the information required by the bank in DR. I don't want to assume she will know what I'm talking about if not familiar with this, nor do I want to be patronising if banks there already work to similar legislation.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
KeithF, crossposting leads to chaos believe me.

It will be seen here as fast as it will be seen in the Living forum.

*sigh*

okay...

I just want to go to bed! It's been a *really* bad day...

I got a ticket on my car ?40 fine.

My work laptop has died and a report that is already over due is on it, and it's not backed up because I've not quite finished it (no excuse obviously)

The meeting I was due to attend at 3pm was moved to a different location. Everyone was informed by e-mail yesterday... did I mention my laptop has died?

I was due to work late but it ended up being *really* late, about 11:30pm when I got home.

Checked my e-mail and found that my bank here in the Isle of Man are too incompetent to be able to communicate with my bank in DR. Once I've e-mailed the bank in DR, I can go to bed! As I'm asking them a favour, I don't want to come across as patronising but if you haven't got similar or an understanding of the legislation here, I'll need to be more in depth...

I was hoping someone would see it and answer before the mods saw it...

With the day I've had, I may have "hoped" it, but I knew the mods would be there first!! ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Go to bed and make some calls in the morning. I doubt if you'll get anywhere on e-mail with DR Banks - obviously cannot say for banks in your neck of the woods.

The regulars on here don't read forum by forum, they simply click the 'new posts' button. You'll have your answers soon, but if I am you, I will wait for Don Guzman for a proper legal answer.

I can assure you that whatever may be on the books, the banks here do not work to it as a rule.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What DR bank do you use?

I'm sure they have a similar act here, but is it applied, that's another question.

It usually comes down to how well you know someone at the bank :)