Gas Generators in DR

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Hello,

Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase a small gas generator?

I need a 1000 watt gas generator to recharge batteries.

And I'm able to travel to any city.

Thanks.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The Best Prices I saw Were At "PriceMart"!Just remember that "gasoline" powered

generators are considered "Emergency" generators. They are NOT good for extended use! Using a 1000watt gasoline generator to charge "batteries" that are then used to power an "Inversor" is VERY inefficient! Paying for electricity is cheaper,even here!
If you only want to use it to charge your batteries when there is no "Street Power" (Emergency Use) it is not a bad idea.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcc

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
I was in Americana por Departamentos yesterday and I saw a 5k gas gen on display for ~32k. I'm not sure about any other spec 'cause I did not check it but I believe it to be a noisy type. I did see a 1kW portable gas gen in La Sirena, I believe, Honda, super quiet, for something like ~RD$20k. I'm not sure about the price though, it was last week. I'll be going to La Sirena later today, I'll check it for you and report back.

NotLurking

Last edited:

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
I was in Americana por Departamentos yesterday and I saw a 5k gas gen on display for ~32k. I'm not sure about any other spec 'cause I did not check it but I believe it to be a noisy type. I did see a 1kW portable gas gen in La Sirena, I believe, Honda, super quiet, for something like ~RD$20k. I'm not sure about the price though, it was last week. I'll be going to La Sirena later today, I'll check it for you and report back.

NotLurking

Wow!

That seems kind of expensive.

I can get one here for about $150.00 USD.

I'll guess I'll see if I can purchase one here and try to get it through Customs :D

Thanks Guys!