Job Seekers From Yugoslavia!

D

DR1

For the last 3-4 weeks the DR1 classifieds have been consistently spammed by Yugoslavian people looking for employment within the DR. Some days I'm deleting 20-30 ads!

I have asked many of you via email to stop posting, but my requests have been ignored.

The next step is for me to post your information to a DR1 black list for ALL to see. I'm sure this will be very beneficial to your future employment prospects.

STOP!

E

Edita Golicin

Only desperate people try to leave their own country.Maybe,You should try to understand us and change Your attitude.There is nothing bad in helping people,whoever they are,even from Yugoslavia.

J

Juan

This is discrimination!

this is unbelievable that in DR. you are discriminating people just because of the country they are come from. Just take a look to this board, and you will find a lot of messages of people from Canada, USA, Germany looking for jobs, and you answer those ads, and also give them the right information where to look at. why this discrimation againts yugoslavians people , when they are in more need of job than americans, canadians, etc. because the situation they are living in their country. this board has to be for help people with the information they need, doesnt matter from which country they are. I know, maybe they dont make enough money to buy the book Living in Santo domingo.

N

Nicolette

what about your guidelines?

Excuse me webmaster, but I cannot find anywhere in your guidelines a ban on posting job requests. What is so terrible in their messages? Is it just the quantity of them? Why don't you send a general constructive message to these people, as for instance: that they should speak Spanish perfectly and preferibly English, should expect American-minded companies and 1st World rent- and food prices and that they could contact the different Chambers of Commerce (USA, Europe)and Embassies etc. Maybe it is possible to open a site especially for job requests, people who want to sell, buy or swap stuff (household goods, babyclothes etc.), offer services etc.

Re-reading your guidelines, I understand that keeping this site running means a lot of work to you, but posting a message like this will only get you angry reactions. Just put a general ban on job requests in your guidelines!

D

Dr. Sipos P?ter

Dear webmaster,
Your behaviour is hurting and racist. While You allow for anyone to put ads for both searching and offering(!)jobs, You dare to delete those of people You think come from Yogoslavia.( Hungary for example is not a part of it.)Internet is a completely democratic media, You hurt this democracy. If I can give You an advice You1d better pay more attention to lettres handling about using DR people as sexual subjects, becouse those should really be deleted. By the way Your threatening sentence about giving our data to employers is absolutetly not allowed, and we are used to things like this in the communist regime.
One more thing: it would be an interest of Your country, too, to employ highly qualified, hard working, honest people, wich would NEVER WRITE A LETTRE LIKE yOURS.

D

DR1

"Your behaviour is hurting and racist."

So what do you call spamming our site? I'm sorry to say 100% of these spammers come from Yugoslavia, FACT!

I'm not a racists. All I'm saying is that our classifieds have been spammed by job seekers from Yugoslavia, that?s not a racist comment, that?s a FACT!

"You allow for anyone to put ads for both searching and offering(!)jobs" I suggest you take another look.

I have no problem as long as people stick to our guidelines and read the classified posting rules before they post. This is not a free service and you are not allowed to post the same add 30 times within a 24 hr period.

And YES, I will post the names of people that continue to spam the classified regardless of their nationality.

I said I would "post information to a DR1 black list for ALL to see". I didn't say I would pass data on to potential employers.

Robert.

J

James

If I may add my two cents worth.

I can guarantee that the Webmaster does not have a problem with anyone from any country posting an ad looking for a job.

The point everyone seems to be missing is there are persons that put the same ad 10 or 15 times. I would love to hear from these persons as to why they feel it is necessary to repeat these ads.

I will tell you that as an Employer of over 1500 persons in our factory here in the DR, I can promise I will not even consider a person that cannot follow simple guidelines for posting any type of information, be it employment, or job seeking ads.

This board is here as a cortesy, it is not the inalienable right for everyone to use as they see fit. Some common respect to the persons that maintain this message board would go a long ways towards avoiding the type of response the webmaster has given.

J

jim

Sir,
I beleive you have misunderstood. What the WEBMASTER is talking about is not 15 different persons from any particular country looking for work and writing a message on DR One BUT THAT a FEW PERSONS (coincidentaly from Yugoslavia) ARE SENDING 15 or 20 IDENTICAL REPEATED MESSAGES time and time again, most of which we the reader have not seen as they have already been deleted (if not they would displace all the other messages and put them off the end of the board). That is what he means by spamming the message board. Writing the same message time and time again does no one any good, is a waste of everyones time and makes the originator seem like an idiot. Does the originator of these messages not see that they are already posted or what? DO they do this because they do not get an instant reply? AS I see from the messages relating to work requests there is not a lot of suitable jobs for anybody coming from outside the DR no matter what country. There are thousands of Dominican rightly entitled to apply for those few jobs first and then if there are any left maybe you will get one. I have friends living in North America who are educated, have family here, have lived here many years and can not move back here as they can not get work...and they know the system here.
If you want work come here first and know the country and the people and MAYBE you will find work.