DR summer activities for teens

rubia2

May 19, 2007
I'm looking for fun activities (both in Santo Domingo and outside the capital)for my 16-year-old, who'll be visiting from the US in July. So far, I've found two stores that offer craft classes:

1. a bead store that teaches how to make jewelry
Gemelli
Dr. Defilo no. 25 (just south of Betancourt)
Bella Vista
809-533-6785

2. a craft-Lebanese store with free classes (decoupage, wooden boxes, mosaics, etc.) -- you just pay for the materials
Hada Import-Export
Romulo Betancourt no. 1408
Bella Vista
809-532-5139

The larger branch of this store is in the Zona Universitaria at Wescelao Alvarez #7 (not far from Independencia and Maximo Gomez)

Any other suggestions?

caligreen420

May 18, 2007
Im 20 from America and I'll be in Puerto Plato all summer. If he wants to hang out with americans have him message me.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Don't contact this guy!

Im 20 from America and I'll be in Puerto Plato all summer. If he wants to hang out with americans have him message me.

I can't see why any responsible parent would want their, possibly impressionable, 16 year old hanging out with you (particularly if the teenager's female!).

rubia2, I'm serious - see the recent thread entitled 'Hi' by this poster which was closed today and you'll understand why............ (sorry, don't know how to insert the link to this).

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I can't see why any responsible parent would want their, possibly impressionable, 16 year old hanging out with you (particularly if the teenager's female!).

rubia2, I'm serious - see the recent thread entitled 'Hi' by this poster which was closed today and you'll understand why............ (sorry, don't know how to insert the link to this).

Here's the link:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/62767-hi.html

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com

You've made yourself bad news -- There is one thing you can do, is to learn and listen some. Santo Domingo is way far away from Puerto Plata.

Learn a little 'bout the country first. Should you not have been on an airplane? At least that is what you told us.