Rick Snyder - Very Sad News!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I just received a PM from Rick Snyder's family informing me that Rick sadly passed away due to a heart attack on Friday morning.

Rick was a kind and generous person, who I had the pleasure to meet a couple of years ago at Rocky's. Rick was great DR1 moderator and contributor. He had a passion for El Seybo region and the Dominican Republic in general. He helped countless people over the years and will be sadly missed.

My deepest condolences to his family and close friends. Rest in peace Rick!

PM Below:

Hello, My name is Beverly Snyder and I live in the United States. My brother in law Rick Snyder, a moderator on your forum, suffered a massive heart attack and died friday morning. Me and my husband Steve, (Ricks brother) were searching the internet for dominican funeral homes and basic dominican information. We googled Ricks name and we just happened to come across your forum. It is obvious that he loved this forum by his number of postings. Can you please post a thread to inform your community of his passing? Please feel free to post our email address if anyone would like any further information.

Regards, Beverly & Steve Snyder.

Email: emperorjss@yahoo.com

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
My condolences to Rick's family. He helped so many people and will be sadly missed.

Rest in peace fellow moderator.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Lo siento mucho!
I only met Rick in person once but he was impressive to say the least.
His wife wrote to me several times by PM, excusing herself for writing in Spanish as she wasn't able to communicate in English. I responded by excusing myself for not being able to communicate well in Spanish and we managed to 'connect'.
Rick will be sorely missed by all who knew him as he touched the lives of those he met.
May he rest in peace and may his family know that they are in our thoughts and prayers.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Oh, my God!!! This is unbelievable! Good heavens! What a great loss this is!
I am shocked! He made the most sense and was most prolific writer in DR1!
I never met him but I got to appreciate the great thinker and benevolent man he was.......I'll miss you a great deal, my friend! We never got a chance to finish our "metro" discussion!....Some day we'll meet again and resume our debate. Thank you for your love of our country and thank you for all your efforts to make things right! Adios mi buen amigo. Algun dia nos veremos de nuevo.......

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I am truly saddened by Rick's passing. VEEEERY sad!!.

My most sincere condolences to his whole family.

We exchanged many PM's over the years and he man was a true gentleman who cared very deeply for the DR.

Your "Miguel, Miguel, Miguel" statements when replying to my posts will be missed.

Ricky, Ricky, Ricky, rest in peace buddy!!.

Last edited:

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I never met Rick, but read many of his posts over the past couple of years which gave a 'window' into his life here in the DR. It was obvious that he was passionate about this country and the people.

I'm very sad to hear this news and I hope his family is coping during this difficult time.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Oh how sad! I really enjoy his alphabet theories!! He was very passionate about the education system there.

My condolences to his family. I'm going to miss him.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
My condoleances to Rick's family, as I always enjoyed reading Rick's posts, and also enjoyed participating in the same exchanges of ideas.

Rick Snyder was a true gentleman !

He will be missed here !

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Sometimes the best are taken too soon.

We will miss you Rick. Your big heart and love for your family and adopted country were an example.

Frater, ave atque vale.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Just started to get to know him a few weeks ago through some PMs he sent me regarding a thread we had been involved in.

My condolences to his family.
John E.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A stand up guy.

This is a moment of great sadness.
Rick was a man of conviction with a genuinely good soul.
He was a giver and a hard worker.

He served his country, served his family, and was a great friend.
I miss him already.

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
That is so sad, it was always a treat to read his postings, He wil be missed by many.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Rick has always kept me on my toes when arguing some point. Smart, articulate, giving, a wealth of knowledge ..... How sad. I'm thinking about the young son he leaves behind.

My condolences to his family. Rest in peace Rick.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Rick Snyder and I exchanged many PMs starting in 2004. He PM'd me first because he said he admired my posts about the Spanish language and I quote "you seem to know what you are talking about" from then on he always would send me an email or PM me with questions that he had about Spanish. Although I never met him he clearly showed his dedication to his personal pursuits one which included improving the education system in the DR.

He was a strong contributor to DR1 and it was always a pleasure to dialogue with Rick behind the scenes.

Sorry to hear the sad news.

-LDG.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
So Sad

My sincere condolences to the families, here and abroad.
I know that Rick was always there to help people who came through his 'territory'.
May he rest in peace.

mountainfrog

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I refused to belive it, no way! there must be some mistake!

I called the Colonel at El Seybo's police headquarters and had him read the logbook entry for me. There it was, Richard Snyder, retired US Sargent Mayor, age 60, died yesterday of acute myocardial infarction.

May God rest his soul, and bring peace to all those who loved him and will miss him....