In between SD & Las Terrenas?

Roo

Dec 3, 2006
Hey there,

I'm returning to visit for 2 weeks, and plan to spend most of my time in Las Terrenas again & I'm flying into SD (arriving at 6ish pm). I live in the desert, so I'm daydreaming of spending a day or two in a lush, green area in between the two cities. Any suggestions on where I might go on my way?

Thanks.

Roo

Dec 3, 2006
I can't find a way to edit my original msg, thought there was a function for that...

Anyways, after having done more research, I want to ammend my initial query: I'd like to find someplace where I can walk out of the hotel & pretty soon find nature that I can explore alone w/o needing a guide or concho. I mostly just want some alone time where I can poke around green stuff before going on to LT to dance a bunch. :)

Oh, and I'm leaving for the airport tomorrow. I really appreciate any tips you have. Thanks!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
The Wanderer

Bonao area maybe (which is not much off your path).
I would, however, not recommend to wander (on your own) around a place you are not familiar with...

All the best

m'frog
(near LT)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Take a trip up to Jarabacoa, go to the coffee farm run by Julia Alvarez. Or go to Los Montones near San Jos? de las Matas.
Or Alpes Dominicanos on the road up to Jarabacoa.
Or go to Jamao and walk around. Or go visit Shadley on his farm near Cabrera.

If you want a walk around area, I really like Jarabacoa.

HB