advice needed

ellieenglish

May 21, 2007
Hi everyone,

I have been reading your site, as my family and I are having our first dr holiday in July this year. I can't wait. Could you please share your advice with me as I have heard both good and bad reviews. We are staying in Iberostar Costa Dorada, and we have 5 children ages 15 - 8 years old. All advice or tips will be gratefully recieved.

Many thanks

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I now live in Puerto Plata. We stayed at the Iberostar within the last 12 months and it was great. Very large area. The waiters and staff speak very good English in fact, most sound as though they are from the North Country in England. Clean rooms, good food, seems they cater to the English folks. I think I have some pictures, but would have to look. Are you interested in pictures? OR would you prefer to discover it on your own. Anything else let me know.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is a fine place to stay. You should have a lot of fun. Be sure to get out and about.
Type in the sort of thing you want to do in the Search funciton here and click.

HB

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
When my wife and I stayed there the last time, we asked the front desk. Do you go out and turn left or right to see the sights. They replied "stay here it is not safe out side the resort". We left and turned right. Walked about 6 or 7 K and discovered wonderful people, and sights. Found the beach walk in POP and walked it. Discovered a nice place to eat and more good people. But maybe thats just our luck. We bought a house here and have lived here for 8 months. But maybe thats just us.