Woman gives birth to a rock

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
This probably belongs in the "joke" forum but some employees told me today that a Haitian women in Cabarete gave birth to a rock that had eyes and nose. "They were serious" Apparently the media was there and it is true. Anybody in the Cabarete area hear more about this. Got to be one of the best yet.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
This probably belongs in the "joke" forum but some employees told me today that a Haitian women in Cabarete gave birth to a rock that had eyes and nose. "They were serious" Apparently the media was there and it is true. Anybody in the Cabarete area hear more about this. Got to be one of the best yet.

hahahaha that's funny. Buy a while ago there was a similar story of someone who had in the belly this calcified body of a twin fetus, it was there for years. Could it be something like that, something that died and it stayed there for years?

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

If she really did 'give birth' to a rock with eyes and a nose... she symbolically gave birth to the traditional African representation of Baba Legba als known as Ellegua or Elegba.. one of the most powerful Voudoo loa..

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Hay Hay Hay Dominicans and their stories. When I was there in Semana Santa of 2006 a rumor was being spread around that a baby was born with full head of hair, hair on the chest and armpits and mouth full of teeth. And to top it all off when the baby came out of the woumb the baby said "the world would end in 15 days" everyone and their mother was spreading this non-sense around lol

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
If she really did 'give birth' to a rock with eyes and a nose... she symbolically gave birth to the traditional African representation of Baba Legba als known as Ellegua or Elegba.. one of the most powerful Voudoo loa..

Merengue Dutchie, you are confusing your Haitian Voodoo with Cuban Santer?a. In Haitian Voodoo, Pap? Legba (Old Man Legba) is represented by the Catholic icon of Saint Anthony, and is the deity (Lwa) associated with (Lwa) doorways and crossroads. Pap? Legba is represented by a ritual drawing (vev?) painted on the ground with white flour (or talc powder) (see pic below). On the other hand, Elegu?, is one of the Orishas, however, in Cuban Santer?a altars Elegu? is represented by a cocunut carved with human features and with the Catholic icon of the Child of Atocha.

63ikxuv.jpg

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
My friend you have heard the bells... but are not completely accurate..

The veve of Baba or Papa Legba is drawn when he is invoked...

However he lives in a stone, as do all Loa's. (In regla de Ocha they have the saying 'sin ota no hay santo')

Here is some info on him:

Papa Legba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and here you will find some more detailed imagery of him:

The Lwas: Legba

note that in the second picture he is represented as the horned guardian in a stone statue

With regards to his Cuban appearance; he is sitting behind many a door in the form of a rock with caurie shells for eyes, nose and mouth..

Btw drawing his veve is sometimes seen as drawing attention to yourself..

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
My friend you have heard the bells... but are not completely accurate..

The veve of Baba or Papa Legba is drawn when he is invoked...

However he lives in a stone, as do all Loa's. (In regla de Ocha they have the saying 'sin ota no hay santo')

Here is some info on him:

Papa Legba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and here you will find some more detailed imagery of him:

The Lwas: Legba

note that in the second picture he is represented as the horned guardian in a stone statue

With regards to his Cuban appearance; he is sitting behind many a door in the form of a rock with caurie shells for eyes, nose and mouth..

Btw drawing his veve is sometimes seen as drawing attention to yourself..

MerengueDutchie, you are so amusing. LOL. Do you really believe you can learn about Afro-Caribbean religions from books or by reading Wikipedia? I?ve been associated with this stuff since I was a child. I?ve participated in myriad Voodoo, Santer?a, Palo Mayombe, Las Tres Potencias, and other more obscure and esoteric Afro-Caribbean folk religious ceremonies I rather you didn't know about...;-). Houngans, mambos, babalawos, servidores, etc., they are all brothers and sisters to me, notwithstanding that I rule myself by the "current" known as ?La 21 Divisi?n?, not la "Regla de Ocha (Santer?a)". Go ahead, don't be afraid, find time and participate in some of the local folk religion ceremonies (of course, not the ones designed as tourists attractions). If you need help, send me a PM.

C

Chip00

I agree with El Tigre that this is just another chisme. What I would like to know is:

1. Who starts these rumors?

2. How can so many people believe such stuff?

For example, I still can't get my wife to quit believing that if she drinks something cold while she's hot that her mouth will "twist up" and she'll go crazy. Very frustrating indeed even when doctors support this "belief". Even funnier are women in hair salons that have to get an "injection" so that they can wash people's hair when they are hot so their mouth won't twist up!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Are you sure.............

I still can't get my wife to quit believing that if she drinks something cold while she's hot that her mouth will "twist up" and she'll go crazy.

.........cause for 13 years my employees have been telling me that they will go blind.......:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
It's pure 17th century medicine, still much alive in DR campo and probably elsewhere, and still much part of modern Oriental (Chinese) medicine (Ying-Yang). My own father (who just turned 100, and is in fairly good health) still swears by it, and has always suggested I should not consume (hot) foods together with (cold) foods, which, of course, has nothing to do with temperature.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Don't be surprised!!!!

It happened a few decades ago. A woman named Barbara gave birth to a rock .... I believe his name is George Dubya .... :)

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
MerengueDutchie, you are so amusing. LOL. Do you really believe you can learn about Afro-Caribbean religions from books or by reading Wikipedia? I?ve been associated with this stuff since I was a child. I?ve participated in myriad Voodoo, Santer?a, Palo Mayombe, Las Tres Potencias, and other more obscure and esoteric Afro-Caribbean folk religious ceremonies I rather you didn't know about...;-). Houngans, mambos, babalawos, servidores, etc., they are all brothers and sisters to me, notwithstanding that I rule myself by the "current" known as ?La 21 Divisi?n?, not la "Regla de Ocha (Santer?a)". Go ahead, don't be afraid, find time and participate in some of the local folk religion ceremonies (of course, not the ones designed as tourists attractions). If you need help, send me a PM.

Un Espiritisto entonces... como se dice en Cuba.. no peude andar por atras.. entonces disculpa me pero no peude participar.. todavia gracias para la invitacion porque entiende que es una invitacion de corazon.

Mandaste un correo privado tambien..