IP Address

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Does anyone know where I can look up someones IP address online based off their email address ? I tried to google it but I can't find a site that does it free...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
This might give you some insight.

What email provider do you use? I know Yahoo has a "Show Full Header" button that will show the IP address.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Hi Barbie. Do you use Outlook? If so, highlight the name, then right-click. Go down to Properties, then you'll see 2 tabs - General and Details. Click on details, and you should find the sender's IP there.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Open the email then go to File on the Menu Bar and select Properties. Look for Details or Message Source.

That contains the email header information .... you'll have tp parse it to find the sender's IP ... there's tons of 'junk' only pertinent to routing the message.

Methinks someone's sankie is being coy ... good luck ... with the IP, not your sankie ;)

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Open the email then go to File on the Menu Bar and select Properties. Look for Details or Message Source.

That contains the email header information .... you'll have tp parse it to find the sender's IP ... there's tons of 'junk' only pertinent to routing the message.

Methinks someone's sankie is being coy ... good luck ... with the IP, not your sankie ;)

No sorry my short little friend... this has nothing to do with anyone in the DR. It's actually got to do with something more serious....

However my personal email I use is hotmail, the person hasen't sent me a email but I do have them on my messenger and they do go online. Is there anyway that I can get an IP address just from their email address ? They have a hotmail address.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
No sorry my short little friend... this has nothing to do with anyone in the DR. It's actually got to do with something more serious....

However my personal email I use is hotmail, the person hasen't sent me a email but I do have them on my messenger and they do go online. Is there anyway that I can get an IP address just from their email address ? They have a hotmail address.
Hotmail has a "Show Full Header" function under "options".

It'll show ALL IP's (if forwarded). However, if a proxy server is used (like Anonymizer), the IP won't tell you anything worthwhile.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
...the person hasen't sent me a email but I do have them on my messenger and they do go online. Is there anyway that I can get an IP address just from their email address ? They have a hotmail address.
You need a message that was routed to you using an IP ... email or if they connect to you with FTP. IM is just that ... instant message that's sent to you when you connect to the instant messaging server.

If you do receive some sort of communication that was routed to you, the header information should contain the IP. You can use any mail program to pop your Hotmail account - not only IE. If you have Outlook Express, go to Tools on the Menu Bar then select Account... then go to the Mail tab and create a new mail account using the account set up wizard.

Looks liks someone's sankie is AWOL.

Good luck ... with your IP, not finding your sankie. ;)