Football teams

big wayne

May 22, 2007
We are moving to the DR very soon. Our 10 year old son is football crazy and plays for a team here in England. Can anyone tell me if there are teams in the Sosua area outside of school that he could join please.
We have looked on the net at the DR Football Association and at some of the threads but no luck so far.

CHEERS

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There ARE a few youth leagues. There is even some inter-scholastic competition.
A lot will depend on where the New Beckham will be studying.
In Monte Llano I have seen teams practicing. And in Puerto Plata.

If not happy up there, move to Santiago where there are plenty of teams looking for a good winger.

HB

big wayne

May 22, 2007
Football Teams

Thanks Hillbilly you seem to be a bit of an oralce

We are moving to Cabarete but are willing to travel. Not sure if all the way to Santiago though!

The kids will be going to ISS so good to hear about interschool compertition.

Do you know of anyone I can contact to get more info?

caligreen420

May 18, 2007
i am 20 and i live outside of Sosua. I love soccer and im always down for pick up games, or just kicking the ball around. let me know when you move

wight-boy

Nov 6, 2003
I remember seeing a post about a sosua football team on here a few years ago, couldn't play at the ISS so were at El Choco. Don't know if they still exist or even existed! I'm always up for a kick about.

Had wondered about the possiblity of setting up a small beach football or 5 a side league for fun. Maybe I should consider it a bit more, this seems a fairly regular question on here. :bunny:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Enough already! The fellow wants to kick a ball around fer Heaven's sakes!

Last edited by a moderator:

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
As of last month the ex-pat kids play at El Choco, just outside of Sosua. I believe it is every Saturday. You could contact Rob Nelson as I know his boys play. You can get his number from the Island Impact website.

big wayne

May 22, 2007
Football in DR

Yes for the philastines I do mean soccer.

Thanks for all the great replies. It sounds like there is lots of potential for teams if there currently arent any. Like the beach football idea. There are lots of Europeans who must miss it and Doninicans who could join in. Seems like any excuse to bring expats closer to the indiginous population has got to be embraced.

Anyway. Here's til the next question, of which we have many.

big wayne

May 22, 2007
Island impact website

Here's a question already. I haven't come across Island Impact. Can I have the website address please?

Cheers

knowledge

Aug 2, 2005
The kids play in El Choco on Saturdays. The men play Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 5pm. We have a very international squad, people from all over Europe and South America as well as locals.

See you there sometime.