Canadians in Caberete??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
hey simple question, just wondering if there are any canadians down there.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I am not sure about blending into the scenery, but we live here, not at an A1.
But the OP is correct there are lots of us here. We do tend to be the polite ones that keep a low profile or ask really dumb questions...... speaking only for myself of course.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
If you go to Cabarete, and want a nice quebec style bacon cheeseburger, go to Mitsy's by Supermercado Janet. It's owned by a Canuck, they show hockey games, and dammit, they have the best burger in town - probably one of the best in the country. All they need now is poutine. Asides from that you will find some here and there, mainly quebecois.

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
Thanks, can't wait till this weekend when im down untill the end of the summer. But i can see the whole politeness thing, here in toronto everyone is generally nice to one another. So its good to have that atmosphere down there as well.
and they don't have poutine..... when it does comes. It'll take over with all of its goodness ahah

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
Thanks, can't wait till this weekend when im down untill the end of the summer. But i can see the whole politeness thing, here in toronto everyone is generally nice to one another. So its good to have that atmosphere down there as well.
and they don't have poutine..... when it does comes. It'll take over with all of its goodness ahah

I`m not sure which Toronto you`re talking about, but the one I`m from was hardly the nice person`s town. Just ask anyone from Vancouver/Montreal... maybe they are just sour about the leafs.

The Kite Lounge kite school is Canadian owned and operated. No hockey though. Misty`s is defintalty the best burger in town.

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
lol had to bring up the leafs. Im not sour with them, sour with the devils not even trying to let in the islanders... terrible way to go out.
But i've lived by t.o all my life, never had probs. Just know where to go and when and your set.

Ya im prob going to watch the finals somewhere in town, see if the sentors loose lol.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Sigh My Leafs

I was 7 When they won the cup.......Davey K and Ronnie E.

Bobby Bond and playing with a Broken leg !

GO LEAFS !

this year for sure .

I live in Gaspar hernandez............Where is this Cheeseburger Joint? I Dont know about it ......Been here 2 Years. Is it in the same Plaza as Janets? Is their a Group there for the games?

G

gary short

Geez....eh.......get some Canadians together on a public forum and within 7 posts it turns into hockey debate.......................leafs suck

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
ahah it was bound to happen eventually. Id agree wit the leafs aren't that great, they need to make some changes.
But i met some dude from vancouver, great sugestion. Gotta get a gathering for canada day somewhere

carls

Feb 28, 2006
just wandering

hey, folks I don't really understand the hokey. I want to Know what make a good hokey player;He must be a skillfull man running with the skate?.he must be strong enough to wash away the opposite playes? or he has to be very smart guiding the little tap(the little thing they hit with the stick).Excuse me for my curiosity I am a Dominican man.

Last edited:

carls

Feb 28, 2006
I think that these information is for a hokey expert, I just want to know about the skills a hokey player must have to be a proffessional hokey player.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Carls, hockey entails many skills while skating on two thin blades approximately 10" long. They must develop the skill of while skating on these two little blades, chasing the PUCK (little tab that they shoot) and either fighting to remove it from another player or fighting (not a slug-fest) to keep the PUCK and get it to your own player who would in turn try to get a goal or to an open player who then (if there is a good shot) would try to shoot it into the opponents net. Skills are many: balance, puck manipulation while skating in any of four directions, a hard and fast shot from both sides, working as a team and no puck-hogging, anticipating the puck placement and getting it before the opponent does.

This is very brief but it is the basics. Skating skills are primo!!

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
hehehehe, you guys crack me up! How did this thread ever end up talking about hockey? This is really funny!
For what it's worth, we live in Cabarete from end of November to end of April and the rest of the time in Ottawa.
The Senators rock!

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Hockey Summed Up

Slide around on Ice, If someone with a different color sweater than yours tries to take your black disc then you Punch them as hard and as many times as possible. If necessary use the wooden club provided !

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well it looks like the Ducks got one too many of those round disc into the Sens net tonight.:bored:

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Dominican Hockey team for the next Winter Olympics !

I am Sure for 1000 Pesos a Head and a Temporary Visa Promise that we could put a team together !

But what would we name them?

The DR ???????????

Dirty Ducks maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.