Agent Agreement

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I am looking for information on "agent" agreements. I've looked in all the employment threads but can find nothing that fits this.

I am specifically looking for the rules that apply when you represent an organization or company here.

Anyone know about this?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Darlene not sure if this applies or not

Hiring a Workforce
[FONT=Verdana,Verdana]
There are several details to pay attention to and obligations to comply with when hiring a workforce.​

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]
2.1.The Employment Contract​

As a general rule, any and all relationships in which one person obliges him or herself to provide any form of service to another, in exchange for remuneration and under the direction and/or supervision of the latter, are considered to be employment contracts and subject to the provisions of the Labor Code (Arts. 1 and 2).

Such contracts, which may be verbal or written, are presumed to exist in every such case, unless proven otherwise by the employer. Given this presumption, it is quite possible for a person considered a private contractor in other jurisdictions to qualify as an employee in the Dominican Republic.

Any party to an employment contract may require the other to prepare and/or sign a written version of a previously verbal agreement (Art.19). If in writing, any modifications made to it must be in writing as well (Art. 20). Written agreements are recommended since they foster a clear and sound work relationship.

Any work carried out by a foreigner on Dominican soil is subject to the provisions of the Labor Code since Dominican labor laws are territorial in nature (Principle V of the Labor Code).​
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Verdana]Taken from http://dr1.com/legal/business/Labor_Law.pdf

[/FONT]

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Thanks Anna, there is something specific however about acting as "agent" which is in addition to this.

I do appreciate your help.... ;)