Tourist murdered in Boca Chica Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
Man ohhh man, I am not trying to be a fear monger hear but look at the article below..Wtf.. :( How are expats and tourists alike supposed to protct themselves when we can get attacked and killed in our own hotel rooms...
Damm.. Plus 3 people were murdered at Loft disco in Naco lat night. The craziness continues! Here is the article... :(

Lery Laura Digital Pi?a/Clave
Size of the text: To increase To diminish To reestablish
Boca Chica. - A tourist of German nationality the past died Tuesday 22 after being stabbed by strangers who entered the room in which he was provided with accomodations in the hotel Dominican Bay, of this municipality.

The foreigner was identified like Michael Flecks, who had made a reservation in the hotel from the past 13 of May and concluded the 10 of June.

The identity of the twig and the causes that took it to still commit the aggression do not know.

After being attacked, the foreigner had forces to move to the reception of the hotel, leaving, to his step, the floor stained of blood, according to informed a source to Digital Key.

"the wounded was transferred to the medical center Hospiten, where later he died", he added.

Nevertheless, to the being interrogated with relation to the case, the executives of Hospiten did not give any information.

When pronouncing itself on the matter, the head of the National Police, Bernardine Santana P?ez, said that the case is being investigated and that they will give to more east information Thursday or in the pr?xmos days.

On the other hand, the manager of the hotel in which it never happened the fact took care of the calls telephone of this means. In one first occasion, employees of the hotel informed to Digital Key that the manager was in a meeting and returned in 5 minutes.

When happening the five minutes, Digital Key received like answer that the manager was not in the hotel.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
- Digital Key... murdered by a twig... chief of police has had a sex change...?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Could someone take pity on us and do a quick translation of the important facts? Thanks so much .. I'd do it, but somebody has to work around here. :ermm:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
...The identity of the twig and the causes that took it to still commit the aggression do not know.....

I went to Babelfish Altavista Tanslations and did a back translation to Spanish of the above sentence, and this is what I got....

"La identidad de la ramita y las causas que la tomaron todav?a para confiar la agresi?n no saben"

it must be a code word....

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I checked the original article in Digital Key and "verdugo" is the culprit, in both senses of the word.

I also read the Loft article. Cause of death - stupidity.

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Since I always get blasted on my opinions I will keep silent on this one. But, E-mail privately in you want my opinion.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
I checked the original article in Digital Key and "verdugo" is the culprit, in both senses of the word.

I also read the Loft article. Cause of death - stupidity.

As a non-Spanish speaker, this was confusing enough before... Are you saying that the "Loft article" has written something that is 'mistranslated' by language software to "stupid" or are you saying that the victim did something stupid that led to his murder?

B

batich

Since I always get blasted on my opinions I will keep silent on this one. But, E-mail privately in you want my opinion.

I will keep silent for the same reason. Not willing to irritate RE people even more.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
As a non-Spanish speaker, this was confusing enough before... Are you saying that the "Loft article" has written something that is 'mistranslated' by language software to "stupid" or are you saying that the victim did something stupid that led to his murder?
Sorry, I was being literal. Loft is a Santo Domingo nightclub where three young men were shot dead, or shot each other dead following a disagreement last night.

As senseless and stupid deaths go, this takes the biscuit. I can't even begin to imagine the horror and anger their families are experiencing.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
can we keep the loft stuff to the loft thread? (just a suggestion). I mean..that is an interesting topic in and of itself...but a totaly different scenario as to what happened in boca chica.

I have always felt safe at my hotel in boca chica. BUt something really strange happened a couple of weeks ago.

ARound 6:30 in the morning someone was ringing the door to my room. I asked who it was and it was some woman...who i didnt know who the hell she was. WEll..i certainly didnt answer the door. It was just strange as the place (candil) has pretty good security. But even places with good security can have problems. There was recently a well publisized robery at the milenium hotel here in nyc (solid 4 star hotel).

If anyone has better details about this tragic incident please post!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
so no real information after a week? They are just investigating? no news on how he was attacked...etc? Did he know the perps or was this just random. This is kinda strange for an AI isnt it? I would think this would be a big deal as it was a tourist at an AI resort...rather than the shoot out at a disco. FOr real..if a tourist is just robbed (not even murdered) in nyc it would make all the papers.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
It Happens Everywhere

..if a tourist is just robbed (not even murdered) in nyc it would make all the papers.

Well, this is not NY.
This forum's policy has been that if no board member is involved reporting on crime is not welcome (at least this is the impression that I got on various occasions).

People get stabbed everywhere - yes, all over the world.
Germans, too.
And then:
The murder could somehow, someway have been the victim's fault...

Do come and spend your holiday here!
Do come and invest!

Because:
... the hotel in which it never happened.....

mountainfrog

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Exactly

Lack of details. For example: I think the example you made vis a vi NYthe "client" invited the hooker to the room and then was attacked by two (one was hiding in the closet) when he was not happy with the the price. (talk about a happy ending!)

As always, need the rest of the story.
john

(edited to respond the jerseyguy)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yeh????

Well, this is not NY.
This forum's policy has been that if no board member is involved reporting on crime is not welcome (at least this is the impression that I got on various occasions).

People get stabbed everywhere - yes, all over the world.
Germans, too.
And then:
The murder could somehow, someway have been the victim's fault...

Do come and spend your holiday here!
Do come and invest!

Because:

mountainfrog

sorry for my ignorance-but I don't understand this post. "If it dont...etc." No reports?????
je

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Not Many Details

... No reports?????
The report is meagre.
German got stabbed in his hotel room by unknown people.
(Names of victim and hotel weren given.)
Makes it to the reception leaving a trail of blood.
He was taken to a hospital where he died.
The hotel manager could not be reached for a statement.

Police investigations are said to have been 'very advanced' and several persons have been detained.
Police announcement to follow soon.

m'frog

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
****poor internet translation of Clave article said:
A tourist of German nationality the past died Tuesday 22 after being stabbed by strangers who entered the room in which he was provided with accomodations in the hotel Dominican Bay, of this municipality.
I can't find the original Clave article now, but is there a "Hotel Bahia Dominicana" perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.