Mamajuana wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio70

Sep 2, 2006
Hi there to all I just returned from DR may 22, 2007 it was wonderful. I had another great time. Started off in Puerto Plata and ended up in Sousa. I love the wine called Mamajuana wine. I purchased a bottle with the wood but need help finding out what else goes into it. I know Brugal rum but need help with the rest of the mixture. If anyone knows what else goes into it please let me know.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi there to all I just returned from DR may 22, 2007 it was wonderful. I had another great time. Started off in Puerto Plata and ended up in Sousa. I love the wine called Mamajuana wine. I purchased a bottle with the wood but need help finding out what else goes into it. I know Brugal rum but need help with the rest of the mixture. If anyone knows what else goes into it please let me know.
We don't refer to it as a wine.
It's more in the shooter family.

Here it is again.
MAMAJUANA

1) The reason that mamajuana tastes bitter the first time you make it is because the wood, leaves and spices inside are too new.(green)

2) Generally, one would put cheap gin in the bottle for approx. 6 weeks to get the bitter out, then pour it out and make your first mix. Often times, the first batch is a bit bitter anyhow, and you should consider getting it out of the bottle into another bottle so as to stop the process. The second batch will be smoother, and so on. As time goes on, the longer you leave it in the bottle, the smoother it gets. I have run into some stubborn bottles that took as much as 3 months to "cure".

3) The mix.... Approx. 90% dark rhum, 8% honey, 2% cheap red wine and some people add a couple of secret ingredients. (small box of raisins is good)

4) There is no set rule about how sweet you make it. The best thing to do is make up 3/4 of the bottle, shake well, and adjust it to taste. It will taste more or less the same when fermented-aged as when you first make it. The difference is that it will be a whole heck of a lot smoother.

5) The bottles seem to last forever, and just get better and better. I don't think there is any limit as to how long they last. As time goes on, you will find that the mix ages very quickly. My bottles age the mix overnight.

Enjoy, Marco.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
For Lazy Folks

I have read the posts on Mamajuana but I am curious can Mamajuana be purchased mixed, bottled, and ready to drinK?

If so, any places in Santo Domingo or Boca Chica where I can buy and bring back to The States?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I have read the posts on Mamajuana but I am curious can Mamajuana be purchased mixed, bottled, and ready to drinK?

If so, any places in Santo Domingo or Boca Chica where I can buy and bring back to The States?

4p9hs86.jpg

MAMAJUANA LOLITA

I found this but have never seen it for sale; supposed to be made in Sosua.

Gregg

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
We don't refer to it as a wine.
It's more in the shooter family.

Here it is again.
MAMAJUANA

1) The reason that mamajuana tastes bitter the first time you make it is because the wood, leaves and spices inside are too new.(green)

2) Generally, one would put cheap gin in the bottle for approx. 6 weeks to get the bitter out, then pour it out and make your first mix. Often times, the first batch is a bit bitter anyhow, and you should consider getting it out of the bottle into another bottle so as to stop the process. The second batch will be smoother, and so on. As time goes on, the longer you leave it in the bottle, the smoother it gets. I have run into some stubborn bottles that took as much as 3 months to "cure".

3) The mix.... Approx. 90% dark rhum, 8% honey, 2% cheap red wine and some people add a couple of secret ingredients. (small box of raisins is good)

4) There is no set rule about how sweet you make it. The best thing to do is make up 3/4 of the bottle, shake well, and adjust it to taste. It will taste more or less the same when fermented-aged as when you first make it. The difference is that it will be a whole heck of a lot smoother.

5) The bottles seem to last forever, and just get better and better. I don't think there is any limit as to how long they last. As time goes on, you will find that the mix ages very quickly. My bottles age the mix overnight.

Enjoy, Marco.

:bunny: Rocky,s secret sauce for his ribs LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.