Best Kite School in Cabarete

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
Definatly the Kite Lounge, on Kite Beach.

Their lessons include free supervision. So not only the most professional, but he best value as well. Sven is a great guy who has been here for 8 years and has it all under control.

They also have a small guest house with 6 rooms availalbe for short and long term.

T.

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Can a man weighing 300 lbs kite surf, I know you need the vest, which would probabally have to be custome made , but I do not know the lift factor size of chute etc.

I'd give it a go....

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
Yes, you just need a bigger kite, which is easy because wind constantly changes therefore there are many kite sizes to choose from. Trust me, it is hella-fun, you should do it.
Well, at least we'll have extreme-condos!
Though, I have no doubt that it will be the condo price which is extreme.
Beautiful piece of land however.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Well, at least we'll have extreme-condos!

Well, so far we have nothing. We have Extreme Guantanamo at the moment. The place looks like a prison camp. Nobody really knows what will happen with the property. I guess we just wait and see.
Good thing we have a new hangout however in the new Kitelounge location.

windfinder

May 28, 2007
Dare2Fly Kite school at Kite beach is the one ,with the best customer service. I'm there every week end and see whats going on at the beach , for sure I would not want to be customer in any of the other schools there.The Agualina Kite resort on the same premises is the nicest Hotel at this Beach.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Funny that you say Dare2fly has the best customer service. It's the only school on kitebeach that doesnt have a rescue boat for there students. ;)

Having that said, I dont think there are really bad schools on Kitebeach, after all they all have IKO instructors.

But pure on the deal, nobody beats The Kitelounge on the financial part. The package with the free supervision for the rest of your holiday is the best deal on the beach.

Also with gear sales they are cheap. I bought a new board for $ 400 including straps, the cheapest I could get anywere else on Kitebeach was $ 400 for a second hand board.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Funny that you say Dare2fly has the best customer service. It's the only school on kitebeach that doesnt have a rescue boat for there students. ;)

Having that said, I dont think there are really bad schools on Kitebeach, after all they all have IKO instructors.

But pure on the deal, nobody beats The Kitelounge on the financial part. The package with the free supervision for the rest of your holiday is the best deal on the beach.

Also with gear sales they are cheap. I bought a new board for $ 400 including straps, the cheapest I could get anywere else on Kitebeach was $ 400 for a second hand board.

Do you know the price for one week intensive course (12 hours lessons and 1 week unlimited supervision + rental) at the schools? At Kite Club it is 750 USD.

windfinder

May 28, 2007

Werner, I'm at Dare2fly every week end, and they do have a rescue boat, you may should walk over and see it yourself in case you never been there before.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Where is that boat then? I am there once every second week as well but I only see canoes.
What kind of boat is it?

windfinder

May 28, 2007
Werner, they have one of those inflatable dinghy's with a ridged fiberglass hull, must be 12ft with a 25 Hp out boarder.
One of their instructor uses it often to teach.
Maybe you should go and check it out, incase you do not believe me.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
I have no reason not to believe you. I just never noticed it. I have seen the one from Kitexcite often on the water. I know Jonn from Kiteclub has one. Since he teached me my IKO instructor license.

However, to state that you would never take lessons by a other school is a bit hard. All schools have IKO instructors. Some of them are better then others but I dare to say that the level of teaching between the schools is more or less equal. Its important that there is a good chemistry between the teacher and the student and sometimes its there, sometimes it isnt.
You cant really say that by dare2fly its better.

However, the prices can be different from one school to another. And then I must come to the conclusion that The Kitelounge is one of, if not, the cheapest. ;)

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
I agree, Kitelounge all the way.
If you're looking for deal, simply take the price you saw somewhere else and see if the others will match it. I think very often they will or come pretty close. One major thing to remember when learning anything in a foreign country. If you do not speak the language make sure you are instructed in your own language. Mistakes happen fast with the kite and you want to do your best to avoid them.

cabarete

Jul 4, 2007
Kite Club Cabarete is the best kite school on the beach. It is the only school operated by an IKO Examiner. Therefore, that is the flag ship school that teaches all the other kitesurfing instructors in the Caribbean "how to be kitesurfing instructors". It is the only school in the entire Caribbean that teaches from the beginner level to the professional level. Kite Club Cabarete sets the standard for all the other kitesurfing schools....period.

Also, Kite Club Cabarete has the best food on kite beach!