Who's the biggest lurker

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
I am asking this because, i had been lurking on DR'1 for a long time and just post e few every once an while. If you look at my total thread it is not that much, so for the lurker or anybody at there, who is the biggest lurker?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Tony Cabrera could very well be the winner since he's been around from 2002, and han only contributed 200 and so post. However, my son Steve (Leromero) shouldn't be far behind...;-). I remember seeing statistics on each individual poster's page indicating the average number of posts per day, such as 0.002 posts/day. This statistic should answer Tony Cabrera's question.

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Tony Cabrera could very well be the winner since he's been around from 2002, and han only contributed 200 and so post. However, my son Steve (Leromero) shouldn't be far behind...;-). I remember seeing statistics on each individual poster's page indicating the average number of posts per day, such as 0.002 posts/day. This statistic should answer Tony Cabrera's question.

Your are right Mirador, i wander if Robert will give a trophy for that..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Tony!! How is Texas??? I don't go by Your Mom's house much any more, since the factory was moved to the other side of town.
Let me know if you need me to look in...

HB, not a lurker....DUH!!

There are people up in Costambar that never post!!

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com

Sorry, but I tend to "decloak" only when I have something to say. ;) Otherwise I just sit back and entertain myself with some of the little spats that go on here. lol

It's a nice break from work.

CarieRB

May 27, 2007
www.DRMissions.com
Ok, I believe I am the biggest "lurker" and I get the prize!
I have been reading DR1 for about 6 years now and my husband and our children moved to the DR around 4 years ago to San Cristobal. I check the board most every day. I have gained a load of information from you. I enjoy the different personalities and different prospective's.

Even with the advise we gained from this board we had to go through our own learning process and hard nocks. In four years our van was mobbed with over 250 people ( remember when children where being killed and organs harvested? We went down into a strange barrio one street from our house with a Dominican child in our van!) Our home has been robbed, my son,who is 18 now, held at gun point twice, my son also has had Typhoid fever although after taking him to Abel Gonzales they thought he was having a appendicitis attack. After surgery taking out his appendixes they said "nope there fine its Typhoid Fever. My husband had his Gallbladder removed last year with no pain meds before or after surgery because the docs thought they where addictive. Two months ago I had Hemorrhagic Dengue Fever and ended up going back to the states for treatment. We are back in San Crisobal and have no regrets about moving here, we love this country. The good the bad and all the rest!

Carie

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Carie, actually your average 1 post per day does not come near my son Leromero's 0.14 posts per day, so you are definitely not the lurker champ, but after reading your post, maybe we should establish a masochist trophy, considering that after all you, and your family, have been through, you are back in San Cristobal. May I ask, with so many nicer and quieter (crimeless) towns in the DR, why did you happen to choose SC?...

CarieRB

May 27, 2007
www.DRMissions.com
Let me correct myself..that was my first EVER post! I just READ the posts everyday. We choose San Cristobal because it was the largest area closest to Hiana where we had some friends.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
To all those lurkers out there just keep doing what you have been doing, DON'T post, as to keep your average posting ratio down, this way you may be the eventual winner. I hear Mirador will present you with a prize to be announced. Happy non-posting.:laugh:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Such an interesting thread. The lurkers came right out on cue almost like we knew they were hiding back there in the dark and we said "come out, come out whereever you are" they were right there.

Now, I'm interested. How many lurkers are there on an average day that don't post? Why do they not post? There is one above that has had numerous experiences and NEVER posted any of them.

So all of you that have that tag around you neck that says"lurker"........

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Not only the amount of posts should be taken into consideration but how long u have been a member. If someone became a member 2002 and only has 39 posts and someone else has 41 but is a member since 2004 I think the first one wins.

so Sunny44 I think u are up there.

Last edited:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not only the amount of posts should be taken into consideration but how long u have been a member. If someone became a member 2002 and only has 39 posts and someone else has 41 but is a member since 2004 I think the first one wins.

without a doubt. I think thats how they do the average.
Number of days(time as member) divided by number of posts equal number of posts per day.

Now for high math and equations having to do with space travel I will need to get a little rest.
Good nite all--
john

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002

so Sunny44 I think u are up there.

So.........................what is the prize? LOL
I guess i had better not post anymore..................or i will just post myself out of the contest of least number of posts...............................

CarieRB

May 27, 2007
www.DRMissions.com
Such an interesting thread. The lurkers came right out on cue almost like we knew they were hiding back there in the dark and we said "come out, come out whereever you are" they were right there.

Now, I'm interested. How many lurkers are there on an average day that don't post? Why do they not post? There is one above that has had numerous experiences and NEVER posted any of them.

So all of you that have that tag around you neck that says"lurker"........

I know this sounds crazy but when I first found this board it didn't seem like anyone could post anything new and not be chewed up and spit out, if it was a question, "look in the archives and dont be stupid, stop bothering us!!". So I spent time reading back post and getting a feel for everthing. What started out as a brief time turned ino years of just "lurking".

BTW- I believe the board has mellowed and it seems much easier to jump in....