Treatment for pool-water

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
Some time ago I found posts telling something about using solar-ionizator for cleaning pool-water. That was not actual for me at the moment, but now it would be and I did not found any threads. If I remember correctly someone was even offering for sale his extras

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
I do not recommend this type of treatment. Like I have said after living in Florida all my life and having owned many pools it just simple can not keep up with the bacterial count neither can bromide. The only other option is Ioda 4 which is an Iodine solution you basically want your water to be potable. PH is also a very important factor for your pool to be stable. Check the ph first then add the right amount of muriatic acid to balance the ph the add the chlorine or the ioda 4.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I do not recommend this type of treatment. Like I have said after living in Florida all my life and having owned many pools it just simple can not keep up with the bacterial count neither can bromide. The only other option is Ioda 4 which is an Iodine solution you basically want your water to be potable. PH is also a very important factor for your pool to be stable. Check the ph first then add the right amount of muriatic acid to balance the ph the add the chlorine or the ioda 4.

LOL! Muriatic acid? Wow, you must be really an old timer. The new chemistry books (19th century texts to the present) use the term hydrochloric acid, or hydrogen chloride).

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
Capt.Rob57,
are you talking after experience or only what is said. Could you explain why it does not work because in teory it make sence especially private use in matter fact only use for one person. The heatness of course cause some alga and naturally it needs some chlorin but I am looking solution not too much chemicals.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
Salt

just get a salt chlorinator machine, like Aquarite. You fill up your pool with salt (which makes the water softer to start with) and the machine convert the salt (NaCl) into chlorine that does not aggress you like commercial chlorine. Just check your PH on a regular basis to maintain adequate level. and that's it....

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
Any information about the price of this chlorinator machine and which kind of salt is it using and could it be less expensive like normal chemicals , those tabs are not cheap anymore.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
the equipment is US$600 and easy to install. The machine takes care of keeping your levels at the right concentration. The salt can be found around the country for RD$200 for 60KG bags. it needs to be pure salt, usually coming from MontiCristi. Once you fill up your pool, you will not have to constantly add salt. Salt does not evaporate so unless you are in a very windy or very rainy location you shouldn't need to add more than a bag (RD$200) every couple months. it is therefore cheaper and MUCH MUCH more pleasant to swim in.

you are left with dealing with the PH once a week.

i have had the system for 6 years now and will never dive in a non-salt chlorinated pool ever again.

cork

Aug 23, 2003
In Sos?a...

the equipment is US$600 and easy to install. The machine takes care of keeping your levels at the right concentration. The salt can be found around the country for RD$200 for 60KG bags. it needs to be pure salt, usually coming from MontiCristi. Once you fill up your pool, you will not have to constantly add salt. Salt does not evaporate so unless you are in a very windy or very rainy location you shouldn't need to add more than a bag (RD$200) every couple months. it is therefore cheaper and MUCH MUCH more pleasant to swim in.

you are left with dealing with the PH once a week.

i have had the system for 6 years now and will never dive in a non-salt chlorinated pool ever again.

At American Water Works, Bob wants US$1400. for the chlorinator and US$30 for each bag of salt. (I believe the bags are 50#. It takes 700# for my pool)
The system is great. Might try on E-bay.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
At American Water Works, Bob wants US$1400. for the chlorinator and US$30 for each bag of salt. (I believe the bags are 50#. It takes 700# for my pool)
The system is great. Might try on E-bay.

that's a rip off. Order it online in the US and get it down here UPS. ITBIS will be your only import charge as it is made in the state. There is one on Ebay for $675 right now.