Beer & Rum prices to go down???!!!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Prices of beer and rum might go back down !! Apparently the government made ?a mistake? by putting up the taxes so now they are looking into bringing it back down. Guess the government didn?t like the fact that they are also losing on their share since people don?t buy as much as before!!! :bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
but I doubt if the prices will go down in stores and bars.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Absolutely!! They will go down. the government is taking a RD$6.0 billion hit on lost tax revenues. Of course, there is increased pressure to relax sales hours too. But after the spree at Loft, that is doubtful...Too bad a tox sereen is not published to see what they were on...

HB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
but I doubt if the prices will go down in stores and bars.
AZB
My money is with you on this one. I doubt very much if Presidente or other companies will lower the prices of their products. They will say that the reduction of taxes will compensate for the raise in salaries. (The Bars and stores will keep the same prices or might have to raise it to compensate for their salary increases). I must say the Brahma have been very reasonable with their increases. They deserve our support more than Presidente. (They have mine at least)

C

Chip00

I must say the Brahma have been very reasonable with their increases. They deserve our support more than Presidente. (They have mine at least)

Now if they could just make the beer taste good I would drink it!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Now if they could just make the beer taste good I would drink it!
I can recall my first Brahma "Yuk" I drank it after having had a couple of Presidente's. But it takes getting used to. Try it "Without" Presidente a couple of times. After a few tries, most, not all people, said they loved it and switched. Then there's the difference in price 10 to 15 pesos less.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I love brahma, I always prefer brahma to presidente. I am with my man Eddy all the way.
AZB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I love brahma, I always prefer brahma to presidente. I am with my man Eddy all the way.
AZB
Get your butt over to Sosua so we can have a couple before I head up north for the summer.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Every time I try to head down to sosua, mother nature changes my plans. I am sick of all the rains.
I will come soon. Please PM me your cell number.
AZB

Castia

May 27, 2007
www.myspace.com
Why the goverment only would lower the prices on Rum and Beer and not on Foods..If the prices go down on the Rum on Beer we will have more drunk people on the streets.