Dominican Universities

El_Canuck

Mar 5, 2006
I am looking for accredited Universities in Latin America where I might be able to study on a letter of permission from my Canadian University. I would like to achieve fluency in Spanish as well as take some history or anthropology classes in English. Any suggestions?

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
Nix the state "autonomous" universities.
In the DR, Madre y Maestra is the best, comparable to whatever US universities may still be serious, and located in Santiago, a great and serious city with the most beautiful women.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
But no classes in English!!
You can learn Spanish there, but nothing in English.
As far as I know there are no classes taught in English except those involved in the medicine courses at UNIBE and UTESA (Sto Dgo)..

Sorry.

And, at PUCMM, your admission is not facilitated by admission to any other university.

HB

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I am looking for accredited Universities in Latin America where I might be able to study on a letter of permission from my Canadian University. I would like to achieve fluency in Spanish as well as take some history or anthropology classes in English. Any suggestions?

Just curious - why would you think that in a Spanish speaking country there would be English language classes in History or Anthropology? Is it because of the large number of Spanish language classes in the same subjects taught in Canada? (I've never heard of one; although I don't entirely dismiss the possibility, I doubt they are common).

Gregg

El_Canuck

Mar 5, 2006
Just curious - why would you think that in a Spanish speaking country there would be English language classes in History or Anthropology? Is it because of the large number of Spanish language classes in the same subjects taught in Canada? (I've never heard of one; although I don't entirely dismiss the possibility, I doubt they are common).

Gregg

There are universities in Argentina and Mexico that offer classes in English. No, they aren't common, which is why I was asking for advice and assistance.

Thanks to the others for the useful information.