Shipping from Atlanta, GA

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Has anyone shipped goods to the DR from GA? Am looking for info on container shippers or the door to door shippers like in NY. Maybe there is a company who ships from the Port of Savannah? Otherwise shippers from FL?
Thanks!

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Hello fellow Georgian

Can't help you out on who to use, we got screwed big time, but I can tell you to avoid going into Santo Domingo unless you absolutely have to. From what I hear, you'll have fewer problems in Puerto Plata. Now, if you're moving to Santo Domingo.............

Personally, I would never ship anything here again. Every single box was pilfered, items broken and/or nasty, and that alone made me angry, but combined with all the bribes we had to pay for the privilege was sickening. Really **ucked up system. After waiting for over 12 hours for our goods to make a 2 hour trip, the truck driver then tried to screw us yet again and it was just too much. Called a friend, and he was able to convince the guy to either be nice or else. The "or else" had to be punctuated with a 9mm and a few rough looking fellows! Welcome to Paradise!!

Good luck. You never know, sometimes things actually go as planned. Rare here, but it does happen. We've yet to experience this phenomenon, but one can always hope.

Dianne