travellers cheques and paying by card iberostar costa dorada

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazeli

May 27, 2007
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can exchange travellers cheques in reception at ICD?
Also, do they accept card payment at reception (for safe, other expenses)?
Thanks

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi

I'm not sure about the travellers cheques, but it is much easier to take cash and your debit/ATM card. They exchange US, Canadian and British pounds. I would imagine they would except credit cards at reception. The safe box is $14 for the week.

Here is the resorts email address....costa.dorada@iberostar.com.do. Better to hear it from them.

You will love this resort. I have been four times and would'nt stay anywhere else on the North coast.

curlyq

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Credit cards are accepted. If they will cash TCs (which they probably will with a passport for ID - I always travel with cash) they will want to give only $RD pesos at an exchange rate of their choosing.

Gregg

midsmikeuk

Oct 5, 2006
Curlyq you say you wouldn't stay anywhere else on the North Coast? Personally I find that so depressing, there are many beautiful condos, villas to rent where you are not surrounded by other tourists. Must be in the minority but can not see the attraction of an all inclusive.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Curlyq you say you wouldn't stay anywhere else on the North Coast? Personally I find that so depressing, there are many beautiful condos, villas to rent where you are not surrounded by other tourists. Must be in the minority but can not see the attraction of an all inclusive.

We all have the choice of where to stay whether or not others agree with that choice. Some may find staying in a condo or villa as equally unattractive as you find AIs. Just out of curiosity (and I'm not being judgmental, just curious) - have you stayed at AIs in the past to have a true yardstick by which to measure the relative experiences?

Gregg

hazeli

May 27, 2007
Thanks Curlyq and FireGuy-I am just concerned about carying too much cash.
I'll try the hotel address.
I am really looking forward to this holiday!

Hazeli

hazeli

May 27, 2007
Gregg,
Can you pay for trips by card? Is that the usual method of payment?
I am thinking of using Isaira Tours.
Thanks for the help.
Hazeli

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi

Perhaps I should have been more clear with my response. I would'nt stay at ANY OTHER AI on the north coast. I would be open to staying at a villa, but until I can afford to stay in one one for an extended period and one that is staffed with a chef and housekeeping, (I don't want to cook and clean on vacation) I will continue to vacation at my favorite resort.

curlyq

Status
Not open for further replies.