A Haitian has hijacked the Wikipedia DR article with propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
Check out the Wikipedia English language article on DR. One character there, presumably Haitian, from the all biased wording he places, is trying to discredit DR. Somehow, he has some powers as a moderator or something, and abusing it by deleting any edit that he deems not of his liking.( eg: Boyer instituting the French language, the invasions of Faustine Solouque, etc). Just go to the " discussion" tab to learn more about this character. Here is an excerpt of the article on the history section. You guys judge by yourself:

"Spanish lieutenant governor Jos? N??ez de C?ceres declared the colony's independence as the state of Spanish Haiti (Haiti Espa?ol) on November 30, 1821, requesting admission to the Republic of Gran Colombia, but Haitian Liberation forces, led by Jean-Pierre Boyer, freed the entire island from European decended colonial control just nine weeks later. In 1838 Juan Pablo Duarte, Ram?n Mat?as Mella and Francisco del Rosario Sanchez founded a racist secret society based on the philosophy of White Supremacy called La Trinitaria to create a separate nation run by white-catholics. By revealing themselves as counter-revolutionaries working for white separatism, the new Haitian president, Charles Riviere-H?rard, exiled or imprisoned the leading Trinitarios. On February 27, 1844, the Trinitarios declared independence of a white-run state separate from Haiti, backed by Pedro Santana, a wealthy cattle-rancher from El Seibo. The Dominican Republic's first constitution was adopted on November 6, 1844. In 1861, then president Pedro Santana decided to return the Dominican Republic to Spain, but a civil war called the War of Restoration led by 2 men of ironiclly Haitian ancestry; Ulises Heureaux and Gen. Gregorio Luper?n who restored independence with help from the Government of Haiti in 1865.[6] The Dominincan Republic offered the United States to take it over as a colony for 1.5 million dollars but the United States Congress refused. [7]. Mostly run by dictators the Dominican Republic was ruled by fascist dictator Rafael Trujillo (who was himself 1/4 Haitian [8]) from 1930-1961. Along with renaming towns and mountains to himself Trujillio eliminated all textbooks of the History of the country and had them re-written to suit the needs of promoting present day Dominican nationalism. In 1937 around 50,000 Haitians and Black Dominicans were killed in order to whiten up the country. Different racial categories were created for the various complexions and hair texture, a policy that is un-offically continued today. [9]."

Then he places some bogus " links", as bonafide " sources", webpages created by some fulanos that are neither historians or scholars, and the sources don't even cite what he typed on the article on the first place !

This coward doesn't even have an username, just an IP address.
People, we gotta do something about this. We know that wikipedia is not " taken that seriously, because any idiot can edit it, but this one is just too much.

SuperConejo

Mar 30, 2007
Although i do not support hijacking, that article is pretty accurate. I've read books from Dominican historians who have dug up alot of information, and this is a very good way to word it. Most people dont know the real interest of the trinitarios. Or about the "black" and "mulatto" Dominicans from "Batallion de morenos" as it was called, in the southern part of the Island which resisted in joining with the trinitarios to fight off Haiti, because by kicking out Haiti it meant the spanish would reinforce slavery. I dont know about the Trinitarios being white supremacist, maybe thats an exageration. But they definetely were working in the interest of Spain and not the Common "Mulatto/Zambo/Black/Grifo" ppls. I dont think that article is some garbage, i have seen authors both Dominican and non-dominican, well studied an well researched who have writen articles in books similar to the one posted, if not the same. I will try to find some author names.

SuperConejo

Mar 30, 2007
I want to clarify that i dont side with the person whose censoring the D.R article, some of the things he has put are very true, but some are a play of words and exagerations. And history shouldn't have any of them. I think there needs to be more balance in that wikipedia article for sure. Also, i dont know why ppl accuse him of being Haitian, just because some of the things he posts are akin pro-haitian doesnt mean he is. For all anyone knows, he can be full dominican, or none of the above! I think something needs to be done about the article, but at the same time just because he's a bit crazy doesnt mean everything he posts is garbage.

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
Although i do not support hijacking, that article is pretty accurate. I've read books from Dominican historians who have dug up alot of information, and this is a very good way to word it. Most people dont know the real interest of the trinitarios. Or about the "black" and "mulatto" Dominicans from "Batallion de morenos" as it was called, in the southern part of the Island which resisted in joining with the trinitarios to fight off Haiti, because by kicking out Haiti it meant the spanish would reinforce slavery. I dont know about the Trinitarios being white supremacist, maybe thats an exageration. But they definetely were working in the interest of Spain and not the Common "Mulatto/Zambo/Black/Grifo" ppls. I dont think that article is some garbage, i have seen authors both Dominican and non-dominican, well studied an well researched who have writen articles in books similar to the one posted, if not the same. I will try to find some author names.

You need to get better informed on DR history, instead of being a collaborator of the agenda of that malicious, prejudiced, biased, reactionary Haitian.

We need to ask ourselves some questions first.

1) Was there racism in members of La Trinitaria? yes.
2) Does that mean that the entire Trinitaria was racist? no.

3) Was the leader of La Trinitaria, J.P.Duarte, racist and anti-haitian? No.

4) Was Duarte's goal was to return the country back to Spain and re-establish slavery? No.

So, just because there were members that had anti-black and anti-haitian feelings, that didn't invalidate the rationale of the party to separate themselves from Haitian rule.

Duarte was the leader of the party, so he was the representative of what La Trinitaria stood for. As quoted by Silvio-Torres-Saillant, Duarte admired Haiti and its constitution that abolishes slavery and was open to Mulattoes and Blacks. He admired the Haitian Revolution. He didn't have an ill-will towards Haitians. He just felt that there were differences between the two peoples and needed to be a separate State.

Where does that idiot from Wiki gets that it was " White separatists, that wanted to subdue people of color"? He clearly has an anti-Dominican agenda, and has a problem that DR became separated from Haiti. In essence, he wishes that DR become a " Haiti part Deux", just keep reading all the thrash he keeps saying. He also has a problem with the Hispanic heritage of the country too( which is part of three heritages, ofcourse).

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
I want to clarify that i dont side with the person whose censoring the D.R article, some of the things he has put are very true, but some are a play of words and exagerations. And history shouldn't have any of them. I think there needs to be more balance in that wikipedia article for sure. Also, i dont know why ppl accuse him of being Haitian, just because some of the things he posts are akin pro-haitian doesnt mean he is. For all anyone knows, he can be full dominican, or none of the above! I think something needs to be done about the article, but at the same time just because he's a bit crazy doesnt mean everything he posts is garbage.

Like I said, you need to go to the " discussion" tab, on top of the article. You won't believe the things that this character has said to the Dominican editors that go there. That's where you'll find out that he's a Haitian, or maybe an Arrayano. He don't even know Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.