Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Homebuilding in the DR the inexpensive (Dominican) way

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

We're now renting a place for RD$9000/month and renting our casita for $3000 to mi esposa's sister, so $6000 net. The apt is new construction with water, cable and electric included. I might use the same floor plan and Maestro for our build but with rent so cheap, I'm not in a hurry. Two bedrooms, nice kitchen. I figure around a million pesos to build on mi esposa's lot for about 800 sq ft. It took about five months for the apt to have three units built.

Last edited by PeterInBrat; 10-12-2016 at 06:38 PM.

2. Likes RG84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default u still around

I saw your post and I want to buy and rehab a house in Sosua over the next three years.

I live in Florida but I want to live part time in Sosua. I am reaching out to you to see if I can call on you for advice?

James

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhilly View Post
    I saw your post and I want to buy and rehab a house in Sosua over the next three years.

I live in Florida but I want to live part time in Sosua. I am reaching out to you to see if I can call on you for advice?

James
    Hi James,
    I was somewhat in the same boat as you. I am semi-retired. I have been going to Cabarete for many years now, each year I have stayed longer & longer. I just returned a few days from my longest stay I left NJ on 12/27. I have gone back & forth debating , researching, and trying to decide what to do. I have looked at houses & condominiums both brand new & ones in need of rehab. I have finally decided that I will just continue to rent a condo. After many conversations with friends that own or rent down there I feel this is the best. Save my money, and the headaches associated with not only building or rehabbing but physically owning a place. Let that be someone elses problem & stress. That's just my opiniĆ³n I am sure many others will have there own. I am 52, and finanically well off, I could easily afford to flat out buy a place. I am close to the end of getting residency. Good luck in whatever you decide

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What additional breathtaking Intellectual Property would a "Maestro" be sitting on that any other normal person of average intelligence have after spending 4-8 hours reading a a few book(s) on this building technique front-to-back cover-to-cover ? Is a couple of passes with a rented backhoe, tying together rebar and using a level and shovel a new form of rocket science I'm not aware of?

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849