Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    The problem with common sense is, it isn't very common I've seen a lot of structures, in a number of different countries fail, due to rusted rebar and improperly finished concrete.
    I have as well. But it's irresponsible and deceptive for an engineer on this forum to fearmonger expats thinking of building a home into using his services with the threat of what could happen to them in the next earthquake. It's not unlike telling someone to turn to Jesus or suffer eternal torment.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pollogringo View Post
    I have as well. But it's irresponsible and deceptive for an engineer on this forum to fearmonger expats thinking of building a home into using his services with the threat of what could happen to them in the next earthquake. It's not unlike telling someone to turn to Jesus or suffer eternal torment.
    Au Contraire, There has been no fear-mongering by Chip but simply the truth that many buildings built without an engineer/design are not built to withstand an earthquake. You csn put an addition...etc up in Jarabacoa without an engineering study and design but you can't build a house or commercial building without a soil study, proper plans, and site inspection. You can however do the building without an engineer. Your last sentence is bull**** and doesn't add to the discussion and sounds rather petty.

3. Likes Chip liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

pollogringo, you are being irresponsible by advocating such absurdity. By your logic the next time you need an operation you should not use a medical professional, use common sense and use your butcher. I'm sure a butcher has skillz and you'll save mucho bucks. Common sense? ...no?

Why do you consider 'irresponsible and deceptive' that a trained professional advises member of this forum to follow proper rules and regulations? Is it irresponsible to encourage people to follow the law?

MOPC - Ministerio de Obras Públicas y Comunicaciones
    La actividad relativa a la construcción de edificaciones esta regulada en la República Dominicana por la Ley 675 sobre Urbanización y Ornato Público y sus modificaciones, así como, por la Ley 687 sobre Creación de un Sistema de Ingeniería, Arquitectura y Ramas Afines.
    ADN: Ayuntamiento del Distrito Nacional - Solicitud de tramitacin
    Solicitud para tramitación de planos y de licencia para construir en el D.N.
    Esta sección se encargará de la tramitación de todos los documentos relativos a las aprobaciones de usos de suelo y edificaciones. Comprobará que los expedientes estén debidamente completos para iniciar la tramitación. Se encargará de enviar el expediente a las secciones que según los procedimientos corresponda. Llevará control computarizado de los expedientes en tramitación desde sus ingresos hasta sus salidas. Preparará los recibos para el pago de los impuestos y arbitrios municipales correspondientes a solar baldío, urbanización ilegal, uso de suelo, cambio de uso de suelo, así como sellado adicional de copias de planos, los cuales se pagarán en la Tesorería del Ayuntamiento. Todos los recibos deberán estar firmados por el Director o Subdirector. Habrá una casilla para el recibimiento de documentos y otra para la entrega.
    MOPC :: Ministerio de Obras Públicas y Comunicaciones de la República Dominicana
    Documentos requeridos

Para todo tipo de construcción
    • Titulo de propiedad del terreno a edificar y plano catastral del mismo
    • Tres (3) juegos de planos debidamente sellados por el ayuntamiento de la localidad
      correspondiente o por la oficina de la Liga Municipal en aquellos casos que el ayuntamiento no tenga oficina de planeamiento urbano
    • Memoria de cálculos estructurales
    • Recibos de pago de impuestos del ayuntamiento, CODIA e Impuestos Internos

Documentos requeridos adicionales
    • En construcciones realizadas en la Zona Colonial, se requiere adicionalmente procurar la
      aprobación de Patrimonio Monumental de los planos arquitectónicos
    • En construcciones que sean para estacionamientos o edificios con estacionamientos se requiere hoja de ubicación, localización y parqueos.
    • En construcciones hasta cuatro (4) niveles los planos deben mostrar escaleras de emergencia
    • En construcciones de cinco (5) niveles o más y de 100 o más aparatos sanitarios o que la intensidad de uso lo requiera debe adicionarse cálculos hidráulicos, sistema contra incendio, cumplimiento de normas para minusválidos, ascensores y escaleras contra incendio.
    • En residenciales de hasta diez (10) viviendas o hasta 10,000 mts2 de construcción se requiere que los planos hidráulicos estén sellados por la CASSD en Santo Domingo o INAPA en el interior y que los planos eléctricos estén sellados por la distribuidora de electricidad que corresponda a la zona.
    • En construcciones en la zona turística se requiere carta de No Objeción de la Secretaría de Estado de Turismo y planos sellados por esa Institución.
    • En construcciones de zona franca se requiere adicionar el decreto que la declara como tal para fines de exoneración de los impuestos a pagar.

En construcción de urbanizaciones se requiere además:
    • Oficio de remisión del Ayuntamiento correspondiente con la resolución aprobatoria de la sala capitular.
    • Memoria descriptiva del proyecto, y planos hidráulicos y eléctricos sellados por las instituciones oficiales correspondientes.
    NotLurking

5. Likes Chip liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

pollogringo, I don't want to see this thread closed, so I am publicly asking you to stop 'contributing' your opinion. Consider it a warning if you'd like.

Chip makes some very valid points, and he IS a professional. He does not shill here for business, he gives his advice on DR1 for free. The members have the right to do what they want with it.

Administrator
    DR1.com

7. Likes Chip liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What is hypocritical is for posters to consistently criticize this country for being "backward" yet when it is convenient criticize any policies that are first world, like the building codes and regulations here.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Your last sentence is bull**** and doesn't add to the discussion and sounds rather petty.
    I notice patterns and parallels. I can't help it.

Watch:

1. I'm an engineer.
    2. Use an engineer when you build your house.
    3. If you don't something terrible is going to happen to you.

1. I'm a devout Christian.
    2. Accept Christ as your saviour.
    3. If you don't something terrible is going to happen to you.

10. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

pollogringo, I don't want to see this thread closed, so I am publicly asking you to stop 'contributing' your opinion. Consider it a warning if you'd like.
    Got it. Thanks for the warning.

12. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Got it. Thanks for the warning.
    Thx for your cooperation, now back to our regularly scheduled program of helping others for free just for the love of it, in the image of Our Savior.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Thx for your cooperation, now back to our regularly scheduled program of helping others for free just for the love of it, in the image of Our Savior.
    Chip why do you always have to take it there? Like AE, I don't want to see this thread close, lets try to keep it on topic. There really is no need to introduce unrelated peripheral subject that detract from the goal of the topic and could get the thread nailed shut.

With the above in mind I would like to ask you a personal favor, please keep religion off this thread. Although, I appreciate your time and efforts helping DR1 members, I don't see the need for you to inject into this thread your belief system. I suppose the members and anonymous readers of this forum, and this thread in particular, also appreciate your advice and guidance but I don't think they need to be subjected to your philosophy of life nor your belief system. It's apparent the thread title is unable to warn readers that something as personal as religion will be addressed, and so, it shouldn't be addressed. I'm sure everyone will enjoy all the home building tips and information without the distraction of spiritual issues.

I ask of you in a friendly, peaceful and respectful way that:

• we stay on topic
    • we acknowledge and respect other belief system
    • we keep our personal spiritual beliefs to ourselves, i.e. out of the thread

Thank you for understanding,
    NotLurking

15. Likes waytogo, AlterEgo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

NL

With all due respect other than my last post I don't believe I have mentioned "God" once in this thread.

Why did I then bother to post this in my last post? Because I was being provoked and ridiculed and my motives were being second guessed. I therefore think it's quite relevant to point out to all why I started to help people and start this thread. As far as I can tell it has helped many people to realize their dreams of building a home here that may have not been possible.

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast