Good television/radio programs in the DR

C

Chip00

Can anybody recommend a few good television/radio programs here in the DR with respect to the news?

I sometimes flip throught the channels and catch things in the evening but so far I find the news programs to be somewhat "different" in perspective etc. For example in Santiago there is "Detras de La Noticia" which certainly shows relevant happenings in Santiago, etc. but they seem to focus mostly on "showcasing" the violence and gory footage. Also, there is a radio program on 101.5 in Santiago that seems to be propaganda for the PLR because people call in and complain a lot about things, especially the salaries politicians make and the radio host (a chica) answers with stuff like "oh please - the people aren't interested in hearing about politicians wages anymore - that is old stuff" and then goes on to say that Leonel is a shoe-in for the next election.

I am looking for something more concise and professional, not just propaganda for one party or the other and also maybe a good commentary as well.

Also, if anybody feels there are any must see programs about anything else I am all ears.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
There's the new Huchi&Nuria radio show today... It should be good, because both are part of the best dominican journalists... I'll have to listen to it online, because I am too far away from civilization ;)