Sad day in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Mark, the owner of Checkpoint died early this morning following an altercation. That's all I can say at this time. I will post further details as they become available. My sincere condolences to his wife Colleen and family.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
It is a sad day, indeed. His friendly personality and generous heart will be missed by all. Our condolences to Colleen and all his friends and family. Rest in Peace.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
My god I don't know what to say.Mark is one of the nicest guys I have had the pleasure of meeting and the town of Sosua has lost one of the good ones.
Colleen please accept mine and Darlenes sincerest condolences.
hifiman

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Wow, what is going on with all these killings, is really horrible, I remember reading about them and their bar.:tired:

My condolences to Colleen.

benna

Jan 30, 2006
I worked at Checkpoint up until last week actually when I moved back home to Canada. Mark was a wonderful person with a big heart and he did not deserve this. I am in shock as I write this. Colleen, his wife and him were each others world and this is just so sad. I just don't know what to say. R.I.P Mark.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
My God, I know Mark & Colleen very well. The just bought a little house in La Mulata and were very, very happy.

Colleen - I am speechless.

R.I.P. our friend Mark.

Gregg & Giselle

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
I agree, one of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet. I am so sad for Colleen and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
They were down with her mom to spend a few days with us in Las Galeras in February. Nicole and I are very sad to hear about this and our hearts go out to Colleen. Please keep us informed about what happened.

alfou

Aug 15, 2006
God,

What Happened.....

Me either don't know what to say......Colleen keep on with your contagious way of laughing.....it's hard but I'm sure you're strong enough, even I'v just met you 5 or 6 times...

Colleen, accept my sinceres condoleances...nad Benna as well..

Alain

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sincerest condolences for a fine man who worked for the good of the community and the needy.

HB

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I had to reread this 3 times. I can't believe it. Mark made me feel so welcome; his smile lit up the street - and his drinks were the best. He and Colleen were my anchors when I walked around town - always a friendly face, a smile, a conversation.

He'll be sorely missed. My heart goes out to Colleen and family. And like others, await details.

Ro

shawnie

May 29, 2007
Ive recently moved to the D.R. and Mark and Colleen were instantly part of my new DR family.
I am in shock by this terrible news.
Colleen, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
May beautiful memories keep your heart afloat...
Much love, Shawn

tonywillies

Dec 16, 2005
Rest in peace Mark

In the 3 years that I have been here in the D.R. this is without a doubt the saddest news I have heard. I found out when I got into the office this morning, and I was speechless. I do not think that there is a more loved couple in Sosua than Mark and Colleen. They welcomed everybody into their lives and touched so many people in so many different ways, whether it was their smiles, their abuse or their charity.
Colleen, I feel so much for you and your familly. Words cannot express how I, and indeed the whole community feel right now. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you.
Rest in peace Mark....

Status
Not open for further replies.