US Customs Crackdown on Cuban Products ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Have received word of a US Customs crackdown on Cuban products which is more than just confiscation. Talking criminal prosecution type talk. Seems some political folks are trying to take everyones minds off the war and feel it is time to stick it to Fidel because he did not die.

Wondering if the Havana Cigars should stay in the luggage later this week.

Here on the Frontier, at least in Cabral, we do not have access to CNN type programing from which the report originated.

kFrancisco de Cabral

C

Chip00

Just buy DOMINICAN cigars and remove the band and put it on the "other" ones. If you need some bands let me know as I have a friend who makes DOMINICAN bands.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
kfrancis??, let me know, I have bands laying around the house!! And, we know that Caribe Tours works both ways!!

Call me if you need some bands. Better yet, but great Dominican seegars!!!

HB

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Hillbilly,

Usually do, but like the Cafe Melo, I do not partake myself. My younger brother though loves his cigars and I was thinking of some Havanas for him this trip. He is getting over double bypass surgery and his birthday was on the 28th.

But under the circumstances I might go Dominicana.

Any suggestions for an Non Cigar smoker as to a " excellent " Dominican Cigar to buy for brother and his friends.

take care,

kF

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Just what your brother needs after double bypass....a cigar. Ever think that maybe he needs to stop smoking. Just a thought.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
While I certainly agree with the above poster, cigars are not inhaled so maybe a couple a week can keep the "need" to a minimum.

As for the best of the best: Aurora Preferidos; Tabacalera Garc?a's Romeo y Julieta.
My own favorite is Aurora #4, since i do not see many R&J up this way....

HB

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Hillbilly,

thanks and as far as smoking I also have suggested to mi hermano my concerns.

But...... he reminds me he has never smoked cigarettes and has had one cigar a week for over 20 years. Also that his bypass was for a lower heart defect discovered during a routine checkup.... no matter to me, he should not be smoking anyway.... but I am only a concerned brother.

Will go Dominicana on the cigars.

To all take care, off on a 2 month walkabout. No cell, no computer, no contact.

kFrancisco de Cabral

Status
Not open for further replies.