Samana Virgin / Cayacoa

LMC

May 30, 2007
:cheeky:

Hello everyone!

So excited.

Girlfriend and I are off to the Cayacoa in 3 weeks - its our first time in the Caribbean never mind anything else so we're looking forward to it!

I was wondering if anyone could give us some suggestions as to what excursions we can go on from there? We plan on having a relaxing time but quite fancy the trip to Cayo Levantado - does this still run?

We're flying in with First Choice from the UK, I think it's the first year they've covered it and we're looking forward to the more laid-back atmosphere than what we've been used to in recent years!!!

21 days and counting! WOOHOO!!

LMC

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
I was wondering if anyone could give us some suggestions as to what excursions we can go on from there? We plan on having a relaxing time but quite fancy the trip to Cayo Levantado - does this still run?

I'm sure it does and it must be good for a half-day at least. Go North to Las Galeras -- perhaps a taxi rented for the day -- and also take in Playa Rincon (It'll have to be a rugged, jeep-like taxi). Take another day for Las Terrenas and nearby Playa Bonita.

Then there's the Parque . . . Oh you'll figure it out. There's lot's to see and do besides lolling around the beach and the pool. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)