Importing classic cars

mbain

Jun 23, 2004
Has anyone had any success importing a classic car. A friend of mine is relocating here and would like to bring his 1968 Mustang Convertible.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Has anyone had any success importing a classic car. A friend of mine is relocating here and would like to bring his 1968 Mustang Convertible.

I think that the reason why you are not getting much attention is, that this subject has come up and debated all too often, so some may seem to belive that there is indeed no sense in beating a dead horse.

You may want to do a search of the forum (using it's own search engine in the blue bare on top).
However, I fear I have to tell you that you will soon see, that while there is a limit of age for imported vehicles of 5 years and that there are reports that seem to indicate that there may be an exemption for classical or antique cars, there are no positive reports of people who successfully managed to import such a vehicle based on that exemption without "bleeding money thru their nose", to use a known poster's preferred remark to that subject. Sorry.

... J-D.

mbain

Jun 23, 2004
Importing a classic car

Thanks JD.

I knew i was beating a dead horse but i had to give it a try to see if anyone had any success.

I'll suggest to him he try to sell it.

Mark