wish me luck

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
It is almost time for the Mainegirl to move on.

Sent out cover letters and CV's to several schools this week, most in SD. Will do the STI attack next.

Good wishes, thoughts, etc welcome.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If that's where you want to be then go for it.

Good luck to you dear, you deserve it. ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
All I can think of here in Santiago would be New Horizons and Santiago Christian School.
And you could teach on the side. Also, there are other teaching opportunities available.
Obviously, Santo Domingo is the place for you, money wise. But I think you would be more "comfortable" in Santiago...

And of course, we (the DR) win, Maine-the way life should be--loses....

XOXOXOXOXO

HB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i am a little confused here maingirl. first you were a sweet innocent Christian girl who was madly in love with another born again Christian guy (love of your life). Then all of the sudden you were separated and then I see you with another man who had grown up kids. I remember you were happy and almost married. now I guess he too is history? I hope not.
Then you wanted to live in venezuela, now here, then there and now here again.
Please explain to me all this, I am all confused.
AZB

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Azb

They claim a woman has the right to change her mind!

Altho, some may need a complete replacement!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
AZB she has already written the story about her breakup and the wedding never happened so perhaps it's best to let that go right now. ;)

She's always had a soft spot for the DR so maybe she should give that a go.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

Sent out cover letters and CV's to several schools this week, most in SD. Will do the STI attack next.

Good luck although I'm sure you won't need it! They'll be fighting over you. :)

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
More than luck, I wish you much success in your quest. Look forward to reading about it when you have time to write.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Hey Girl,

It's good to hear that you'll soon be a permanent fixture ... just like the rest of us!:bunny:

I wish you all the best in your new quest - don't be a stranger once you arrive, get in touch and we'll have a girl's night!

Stay well,
Amy

P.S. send that sweet darling girl (your neice if I remember correctly) my regards

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Good luck, young lady.

By the way, the new school in Cap Cana, Cap Cana Heritage School, is looking for bilingual teachers, but only offer a one-year contract.

-The Kid

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
i am a little confused here maingirl. first you were a sweet innocent Christian girl who was madly in love with another born again Christian guy (love of your life). Then all of the sudden you were separated and then I see you with another man who had grown up kids. I remember you were happy and almost married. now I guess he too is history? I hope not.
Then you wanted to live in venezuela, now here, then there and now here again.
Please explain to me all this, I am all confused.
AZB
If you are so interested in her private life I suggest you send her a private message. I would bet that if she had wanted her affairs aired in this thread she would have done so already. I, for one, could not care less.

MG, good luck, not that you need it, you are a talented young woman. We at the Lunch Research Foundation will be more than glad to accept another member, so aim for Santo Domingo. :squareeye

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Thanks everyone for the good wishes! AZB, it is ok to be confused. I don't mind. If you must know I spent the past nine months living in my sister's basement and commuting 80 miles a day.

Now that school here is almost out for the summer, I will be seriously considering all viable options.

Sep 19, 2005
I am hoping you make a geat life for yourself in this new path you are going to take. Although I like to think of myself as having a little more tack than AZB(chinese for BULL IN CHINA SHOP) I got to think there are a few bumpy spots ahead...seeing as you want to come to the DR and make a living....

my niece is doing the same thing. She has a masters in teaching and teaches english as a second language mostly. she just loves helping out people who are less fortunate, even if it means she has to also be a little miserable. She went to guatemala for 6 months...no running water or electricity. She also went to Venezuala. Now she wants to go to the DR.

who ever coined the phrase..."men will never understand women" had all his marbles.. ha ha ha

again...go get em!

bob

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

MaineGirl,

May you have the greatest luck of all! ;)

-NALs

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks everyone for the good wishes! AZB, it is ok to be confused. I don't mind. If you must know I spent the past nine months living in my sister's basement and commuting 80 miles a day.

Now that school here is almost out for the summer, I will be seriously considering all viable options.

Well mainegirl, we are here in santiago to assist you in anyway we can. I hope you knew that already.
AZB