Rental of an investment property

OscarR

May 31, 2007
Hello,
Been lurking this great site for a while......
Are there any absentee owners of condos in Sosua/Cabrera area here?

I am considering an investment(condo) with a desire of obtaining rental income and would shure like to hear from couple actual owners in similar situation--about how it usually works out financially.

many thanks,

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As an answer to your question, Yes, there are lots of people who won and rent property in the DR.
On the North Coast, you might want to talk to "Eddy" who is the former owner of Eddy's Sports Bar and part of Condos Dominicanos. He knows his way around condos. You can send him a PM (Private Message) here on DR1.
Another person with firsthand knowledge on this is " Ken" who also just happens to post on this board also.

And read, read, read.

HB

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
hi pm me if you have questions or to discuss...we have a number of units in sosua, but i also have daughters there so not entirely absentee...but do have opinions...

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I am an absentee landlord in the villa business instead of condos, but works out the same. I think most of us rent to to cover the expenses. Not many make a decent ROI renting condos or villas. If you are looking for a great getaway place to go, then it's right. If you are looking at good capital gain, then it's right. if you are looking for a good return on your investment in producing rental income, I think you may be missing the boat.

Good luck.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
At the end of the day it comes down to marketing. All the people I know that are doing very well renting their properties also invest in marketing them.

Once you have a reasonable client and referral base, then you can wind back the marketing $$$.