sankie slang

bexx

Apr 27, 2006
Hi

I am sorry if this has already been brought up in any other posts but I couldn't see any.

I have just got back from two weeks in Punta Cana where I was told by a couple of the girls on the animation team that some of the guys at the resort pick out certain women who they call a "funda" (I am not quite sure if this is the correct spelling). Apparently this is a woman who they think has got money and so will try to hit on her. I don't what the translation is of this word into english but I am guessing that it is a slang word

I have never heard this expression before but the knowledge came in handy when I overheard one of the animation team and a barman discussing if I was a funda or not. I managed to put them straight on this which caused lots of amusement when they realised I knew what they were talking about. I then heard this word a number of times over the course of the two weeks from all different members of staff about various guests.

I just thought I would let you guys know this so you are aware what it means if you hear this

Bexx

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Also known as ....

Future clients ... it's not important what label is used, their goal is to satisfy the customer. :bunny:

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Funda means case, cover or bags, so maybe when they say "funda", it's like saying "money bags"???

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
funda

i am told that it means the women needs a bag over her head. aka ugly

bexx

Apr 27, 2006
cheers mate

I don't think I am that bad or I hope not anyway. Some of the girls being talked about were very pretty so I think this will be like any slang and mean different things in different places.

I was just trying to be helpful

ssasy

Mar 5, 2006
Funda means bag. Uruguayo is right they are refering to money. I have a friend here in the US and he always says " me voy de retirada (para RD) con la funda" , meaning " I am going to retired with a bag full of money."