SOS @ airports

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
My friend a retired general from the navy just returned from the U.S. to Las Americas airport last night upon checking his luggage at the airport. The gifts he bought his wife and children were missing. They were in his bags at MIA.

More to come.

OH he is Dominican !!!!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Ummm....

Navies have admirals, not generals!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
My friend a retired general from the navy just returned from the U.S. to Las Americas airport last night upon checking his luggage at the airport. The gifts he bought his wife and children were missing. They were in his bags at MIA.

More to come.

OH he is Dominican !!!!

Now this one could be worth while following... a Dominican General being robbed (possibly) at SDQ... now, did somebody open the dead on wrong bag this time. :bunny: I wouldn't want to be working at baggage handling there right now.
"No fui yo, fue el tambien!" ;)
... J-D.

Jan 5, 2006
My gut feeling is that the items will misteriously reappear and there will be a few people getting reassigned to other locations. It's the typical Dominican way of fixing these things. ;)

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
We are having a meeting next week with the director of tourismo. That is why I said more to come. Now someone here is really ****ed off about this. I know it will be swept under the rug but, at least I will have my day.
ref: worst of the worst.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Not here. The dominican military is different from the U.S.
You should listen to La Profe, dude.
They don't have generals in the navy, they have admirals.
Maybe you can back it up a bit and tell us who it was who got stuff stolen out of his bags at the airport.
Was it a general in the army or an admiral for the navy?

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Bueno cuando yo habla con el es si Commandant. That is a general. The ranks here are different. A captain in the U.S. navy has the rank of full coronal. At the marina de gerrera they have coronal and generals do not tell me I have been dealing with them for 25 years. Now in english it might mean admiral but here it is general. If you like I will give you his name so that you can insult his rank.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Oh Well

Capt.
I think you are mistaken.....regardless of your 25 years here.
I see your spanish is somewhat broken and Rocky has a point here. You may be misinterpreting the ranks is all. no harm in that. In other words.....I think you are fu..... wrong. why mince words here?
show me the organigrama you are looking at in the military, not whom you know.
They all think they are important.
If an official's bag's got lost or pilfered maybe they will raise a little hell for about 5 seconds until they realize their boss is involved.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I have met many a 'Comandate' here over the years & not all of them (only a few in fact) were fully fledged Coronels. Some were Captains who commanded the local police stations, some were Mayors who commanded the prison at Fortalacia O some were 'office boys' who commanded the AMET office in town (whilst the BIG Cheese was out having fun!!). They all called themselves 'Comandante' because they were commanders of a section or office, not because they had attained superior positions of Coronel. Heck, even the local Civil Defense guy calls himself 'Comandante' when no superior is in earshot! ~ Grahame.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A captain in the U.S. navy has the rank of full coronal.
If you mean by that, that a captain is just one rank below a 1 star admiral, then yes.

At the marina de gerrera they have coronal and generals do not tell me I have been dealing with them for 25 years. Now in english it might mean admiral but here it is general.
This gentleman is called "Vicealmirante Iv?n Alejandro Pe?a Castillo"
jefe2.jpg

In our Marina De Guerra.
So to quote you... "do not tell me" they call them generals, as you can clearly see the Spanish word for Admiral is Almirante.

If you like I will give you his name so that you can insult his rank.
Why in the world would I be looking to insult him?
I have always been a supporter of the Dominican military.
You certainly are welcome to post his name here, although it is of no importance to me personally.
I was simply confirming what La Profe said.
They don't have generals in the navy, they have admirals.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have met many a 'Comandate' here over the years & not all of them (only a few in fact) were fully fledged Coronels. Some were Captains who commanded the local police stations, some were Mayors who commanded the prison at Fortalacia O some were 'office boys' who commanded the AMET office in town (whilst the BIG Cheese was out having fun!!). They all called themselves 'Comandante' because they were commanders of a section or office, not because they had attained superior positions of Coronel. Heck, even the local Civil Defense guy calls himself 'Comandante' when no superior is in earshot! ~ Grahame.
Quite correct.
In fact, whoever is the highest ranked at a given location, is refered to as "comandante".

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Well at the Navy base in the Capital he is called General. And he had the stars on is collar to prove it. My friend is also a retired One star general from the navy. I have seen his credentials and new him before he retired. But no matter the point is maybe we can get some results by going to see the director of tourism and put some pressure of his office.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry Capt Rob: But they are right. However, I know why you said what you said.
The insignias are the same in all of the DOM Armed Forces.
The Navy has the same ranks as the US. Ensign, etc up to Admiral.
the trick is to know the ships, since a Capitan de Corbeta is less than a Capitan de Fragata (Lt. colonel) (gulp, I think!) and a Capitan de Navi? is a full colonel.
And they have rear admirals, and vice admirals and so forth.

HB

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Well when I went to speak with the Colonel at Puerto de Haina he introduced himself as Colonel which does not in the U.S. Navy that would be commander. The Marines yes but, Navy no. And at the marina de gerrera the sec. who is a Lt. introduced the man as General. Make of it what you want. But, these are there words. Even my friend is referred to as general.

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Like I said who cares all I want to do is try to solve the problems with the stealing at the airports.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well when I went to speak with the Colonel at Puerto de Haina he introduced himself as Colonel which does not in the U.S. Navy that would be commander. The Marines yes but, Navy no. And at the marina de gerrera the sec. who is a Lt. introduced the man as General. Make of it what you want. But, these are there words. Even my friend is referred to as general.
Perhaps your friend is a General in the Ejercito or Fuerza Aerea.
That might explain why they call him General.