Canadian Visitor Visa.

Jackson

Sep 12, 2004
My friend has just been denied. Apparently because the officer feels she does not have enough money in her bank account! I would like to hear from anyone (especialy from Toronto) who has had success, after an initial denile. I'm thinking about wether to get an immigration lawyer involved.

She told me Canadian Visas must only be for the rich. I had hoped Canada would be better than that.

Any advice would be greatly appreicated!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
She needs to own a home or a business, have a minimum of $10,000 (equivalent amount of pesos) in the bank for more than just a few weeks or months), have a good permanent employment (over 2 yrs with same employer making more than RD$10,000/month) and possibly have travelled outside the DR previously.
If she doesn't forget it - she won't get a visa.
We have a friend who has family in the states (legal residents) that he travels to see every year or second year, has held 90 day visitor visas for Canada previously, owns a home and owns his own business who has been turned down the last two times he has applied for a visitors visa to Canada.
Why????? - Who knows!!!??? He obviously has returned to the DR every other time he's been to Canada or the US but he hasn't been able to get a Canadian visa since after 9/11.

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
you are not clear...are you from dominican republic going to canada? if so, canada is strick and worry about people, especially woman who apply for visas and not have much money,,,they tend to dissapear and not return where they come from,,,a lawyer would just cost money and no more guarantee,,,maybe visit the canadian consulate in santa domingo,,,

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Same thing here .... wanted to go with my wife to visit a friend, I'm german by the way ... included apartment title, even my bank statements from the US, hers from here etc. etc. and she got her passport with a paper back saying the officer don't believe she woudl come back ... what crap is that ?!?

They even told everybody before they went in to get their passports:"Just pick up your papers, no questiones to be asked"

We decided now to better go to Europe or anywhere else but not Canada, I find a better way to spend my money where Tourists are welcome.

Jackson

Sep 12, 2004
Thanks for the advice. However she owns her own school, has more than $10,000 Cdn. in the bank, and has traveled to Spain on visas in the past, and apprently she still can't get one? I'm not sure how much she makes though?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
My Friend recently helped her boyfriend get a visitors visa to Canada...he also got rejected the first time...but applied 6 months later and got accepted.
He is 27 years old and works as a Resort manager
Heres what he had to take
Passport
Cedula
Proof of income...(which in his case is about 1,500 Cdn per month)
Letter of inviation ( we figured if we invited him he would be seen as a risk so we just bought a tour package for 7 days)
Hotel reservations
Bank statements (we lent him 5 grand cdn to put into his account and didnt touch any of it for 6 months)
Travelors insurance
Letter from his job (saying he had X amount of days of vacation)
Property tittle ( we put his parents house,and two cars under his name)
Airline ticket reservations (Round trip-we bought it first class so they would think he had money)

he went to the interview...and was asked a whole bunch of questions...about the places he would visit...Since it was an organized tour he knew all of it by heart...He asked for a 8 day visitors visa and GOT 6 months multiple entry visa...so he came to Canada and did his tour for a week and then stayed 45 days with his GF and we all had a great time.
It was a alot of work and paperwork but the 2nd time around it worked out..I think the fact it was an organized tour and that he seemed to be able to do it himself without the help of a canadian really helped..ofcourse my friend did help but the consulate didnt have to know this..hehehehe

Thats my story!!!