Codetel becomes Jodetel???

How would you rate the service(s) you have received since Verizon Dominicana became C

• Excellent

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Satisfactory

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Mediocre

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Unacceptable

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
(Excuse the incomplete question in the poll. Please read the full question below and then vote.)

For Codetel customers:

How would you rate the service(s) you have received since Verizon Dominicana became Codetel?

1) Excellent.
2) Good.
3) Satisfactory.
4) Mediocre.
5) Unacceptable!

-NALs

C

Chip00

As far as I'm concerned nothing has changed - It is the same people and they still have the same "the client is always wrong/it can NEVER be our fault" excuse fabricating unprofessional sin verguensa attitude.

Boca Bob

Jun 1, 2007
It seems that the internet service providers do not care if the costumer receives adequate service in the DR. Is there no competition ?

L

LarrySpencer

It seems that the internet service providers do not care if the costumer receives adequate service in the DR. Is there no competition ?

Bob...you've been to the local colmados and it's the same type of service you get from Codetel...Wait, I take that back...at least at the colmado you get what you pay for....

But my point is that even though there is another colmado just one block away, the service is still pretty bad for the normal customer. It's no secret that customer service in this country is pretty ****-poor. I work for a large contact center, and on many of our accounts, the customers constantly complain about the customer service delivered here. "They're not empathetic enough," "The speak rudely to the customer," etc. Why should Codetel be any different?

It seems to be the mentality around here that they will work like hell to get your business, but after that, there is no basic customer retention. They seem to think there is no way you would even go down the street to Tri-com or Orange.

Feb 7, 2007
I have requested caller ID installation just 2 weeks ago. So far it worked 1 day after it was installed, then stopped working. Have 2 caller ID devices at my side so I know problem is not on my side.
Codetel claims it's activated and in their computers it says it's working fine.

lenny1

Apr 27, 2006
I have only used Codetel , now Verizon dominicana, in my last vacation trip to Santo Domingo for one week while I was there. Service in that manner was ok. But I suspect in the abcense of major competition in the country in this type of service perhaps Verizon Dominicana thinks it can afford to treat customers however it feels. If it is like in the states, their connecting technology is great but as it usually is in the DR Customer Relation/ Customer Care needs great improvement.