Who ate all the pies?Bye,Bye Debbie+Brian

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
sad to see that Debbies Pantry in sosua is no more and brian,debbie and their daughter have headed back to the U.K.
allways enjoyed the food,banter and genuine friendliness of this lovely couple when in sosua.
never got a chance to say farewell properly,as im sure a nbr of other clients and friends dident as they seemed to be here one minute and gone the next!
still,i suppose they did everything in a low key no nonsence way while here.so i suppose its poetic the way they left.
I for one will miss them and their ?grub?a lot.
i know they use the DR1 a lot so i hope they are reading and i wish them all the very best in what ever there new endevours may be.
you guys will be greatly missed in sosua but fondly remembered by many.
Ta raaaaaaa...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am fairly sure Britannia Pub has fish n chips every Friday.

tambo'

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
sad to see that Debbies Pantry in sosua is no more and brian,debbie and their daughter have headed back to the U.K.
allways enjoyed the food,banter and genuine friendliness of this lovely couple when in sosua.
never got a chance to say farewell properly,as im sure a nbr of other clients and friends dident as they seemed to be here one minute and gone the next!
still,i suppose they did everything in a low key no nonsence way while here.so i suppose its poetic the way they left.
I for one will miss them and their ?grub?a lot.
i know they use the DR1 a lot so i hope they are reading and i wish them all the very best in what ever there new endevours may be.
you guys will be greatly missed in sosua but fondly remembered by many.
Ta raaaaaaa...
This news revelation comes as a bit of a surprise to me & I would be pleased to have some form of confirmation that Debbie & Brian have BOTH left.

I went back to the UK on Monday 14th May & Debbie was travelling on the same flight. She informed me at the airport that she & her daughter were reluctantly leaving temporally so that the daughter might continue her schooling at a higher level than she was experiencing here in the DR. To the best of my understanding, Brian was remaining in the DR for the time being to sell the business & to continue other work he was involved with here. Further, I heard from a reliable source on my return (22nd May) that he had been to Sosua the previous week & that although quiet, Debbie's Pantry was still open as he had a bacon & egg sandwich there.

Was this all a story from Debbie? Has Brian really left the country too? I appreciate that the sandwich bar might have closed (although this would be a strange practice if one was trying to SELL a profitable enterprise!) but there must be someone who knows if Brian has really left! ~ Grahame.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Was this all a story from Debbie? Has Brian really left the country too? I appreciate that the sandwich bar might have closed (although this would be a strange practice if one was trying to SELL a profitable enterprise!) but there must be someone who knows if Brian has really left! ~ Grahame.
As of a few days ago, Brian was still there. He said he would stick around and work with the new owners. BTW, the fish & chips are still great.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Debby told me about two weeks ago that she sold the business to the former owners of Britannia. That is all I know.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Jennifer and Nan, formerly of Las Canas restaurant, have deffinately taken over Debbies Pantry, and will continue the traditional menu. As soon as I get ahold of them this morning, I will have them post!

Las Canas restaurant is now being run by Hans, a swiss chef who is doing a fabulous job with those rich, swiss sauces! Come up and have an Ice cold presidente by our gigantic pool!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nope. To the girls that operated Las Canas.

They might be running it, but who owns it? I heard what I posted, and saw the couple with Debby that night. I am only posting what Debby told me.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Las Canas restaurant is now being run by Hans, a swiss chef who is doing a fabulous job with those rich, swiss sauces! Come up and have an Ice cold presidente by our gigantic pool!

Is this the short guy that was cooking in the German place in La Mulata?

If it is, he is the BEST chef in Sosua by far.

Jennifer

Jul 9, 2002
en and Nan, longtime residents of Sosua (17 years) and formerly running the restaurant at Las Ca?as, are now the owners and operators of the former Debbie's Pantry now called FLORA'S RESTAURANT, and offering the same fish and chips, meat pies and Sunday roast dinners as Deb and Brian did, plus new treats, home made pate, salad plates, ploughman's lunch etc.

We are open 12 noon to 3pm and 6pm to 10 pm Wednesday through Sunday and look forward to seeing all of you who liked the fish and chips and the good company. Mick the bartender is still with us.

Jennifer was the owner of the famous Casablanca for several years in the early 90's and would be happy to see anyone who remembers the good old days.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
en and Nan, longtime residents of Sosua (17 years) and formerly running the restaurant at Las Ca?as, are now the owners and operators of the former Debbie's Pantry now called FLORA'S RESTAURANT, and offering the same fish and chips, meat pies and Sunday roast dinners as Deb and Brian did, plus new treats, home made pate, salad plates, ploughman's lunch etc.

We are open 12 noon to 3pm and 6pm to 10 pm Wednesday through Sunday and look forward to seeing all of you who liked the fish and chips and the good company. Mick the bartender is still with us.

Jennifer was the owner of the famous Casablanca for several years in the early 90's and would be happy to see anyone who remembers the good old days.
Congrats & good luck.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com

Jennifer,

Thank goodness you will be open in the day, Ive been so many times and it was closed. I wish you the best of luck, are you going to be doing individual pies as Debbie did originally? these were so handy to take home for the freezer for those of us that dont live in Sosua.

Is Debbies ex-husband leaving also? They were all good friends - Sad

Jennifer

Jul 9, 2002
Yes, we will be doing individual pies, never fear.

Brian left last Friday, but I don't know who Debbie's ex is.

Thanks for the good wishes.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
brian definatly headed off last week.
i am sure when the guys see the thread they will add something to it.
good to know that the fish and chips and the "Debbies"menu will still be available.
good luck to new gal's.
hope to drop by real soon.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
good to know that the fish and chips and the "Debbies"menu will still be available.
good luck to new gal's.
hope to drop by real soon.
The last time I had fish & chips there about a week or so ago I complimented the wrong guy. Brian told me that the girls had made them NOT him. Anyway, they were great as usual. (I even kidded Brian and told him they were better). They were as good as his.

southender

Mar 15, 2007
Thanks

Hi everyone, firstly Debby, Emily and I would like to thank you all for your support and friendship. It is true that we left because Emily needed a higher form of education. Which she will now certainly get. We left quietly not because we had too, we just didn't want any fuss. Debby an Em will be coming back on holiday, unfortunatly I will be working on the railway, building a new line for the olympic games 2012. It was a too good to miss offer, of employment. But rest assured give it a couple of years and I will be back.
Thanks
Brian, Debby, Emily

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi everyone, firstly Debby, Emily and I would like to thank you all for your support and friendship. It is true that we left because Emily needed a higher form of education. Which she will now certainly get. We left quietly not because we had too, we just didn't want any fuss. Debby an Em will be coming back on holiday, unfortunatly I will be working on the railway, building a new line for the olympic games 2012. It was a too good to miss offer, of employment. But rest assured give it a couple of years and I will be back.
Thanks
Brian, Debby, Emily
Best of luck to you all.