Websites for Health Insurance providers

big wayne

May 22, 2007
Ive used the search facility before anyone suggests it to me.

We need a website recommended by DR1 ers regarding Health Insurance with a company on the North Coast, if thats important. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children from England moving out soon hopefully. Because we come from the UK and enjoy a reasonably good free system we are inexperienced in the detail regarding this so Health Insurance for dummies is required!!!

Anyone help??

Wayne

big wayne

May 22, 2007
Medical Insurers Website

Thanks Capt Rob.

If you could give me your guys email address that would be ideal. We are still in England, coming out in the next 6 months and want to plan this in good time.

Cheers

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
I can give you his phone number he speaks english. His name is Frank 809- 864-4464. He is the capital but, I am sure he can help you. It universal health care it used to be a divison of banco popular. Tell him you know me. Now my plan is only for me as I am not married and do not have children but, you can pay payments.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Insurance and the Clinic Abreu

I've been searching through the health plans for ARS Palic and ARS Humano and neither has substantial representation among the doctors at the Clinic Abreu. Since this is where the US government sends the Peace Corps - I would like to go there. Anyone have any information on which insurance companies offer coverage there? Thanks - Annie

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would take Cedimat and Plaza Salud over Clinic Abreu any day. I personally think it's over rated. Cedimat is by far the best medical facility in the DR.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I live in POP and have insurance with Humano. We have yet to file a claim but I am told that these folks do not pay out for claims. We are up for renewal next month. Any advice? We need an agent that speaks English so we can discuss the details of the medical plan, and a local agent would be nice. thanks Phil

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Who told you ARS Humano do not pay out? Can you provide more facts on this.

I have never had a problem with them and people I know that are with them have never had a problem.

Thanks.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Robert, I heard this from another DR1 member, though we have not actually had to file a claim so I can not speak from experince, just from another's say so. Your info is good to know. thank you.