Is this reasonable?

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
I contacted Isaira Tours about transferring me from my hotel in Cabarete to Santo Domingo airport and I was quoted $165 us.
Does anyone out there know if this is a good rate as apposed to taking a taxi?
Thanks in advance for your feedback!! - Relaxtime :bunny:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I contacted Isaira Tours about transferring me from my hotel in Cabarete to Santo Domingo airport and I was quoted $165 us.
That is the taxi rate, which no doubt is how they would do the transfer.

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
false advertisement?

That is the taxi rate, which no doubt is how they would do the transfer.

In their advertisement they specifically state that they use buses and vans "in tip top shape and have A/C". They also say "no more dealing with taxis or looking for exchange rates." Do you think they would send a taxi regardless of what they advertise?
I've been corresponding w/ an employee there via e-mail. I'll bring that up to see what he says.
Thanks for your input Rocky. ;)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In their advertisement they specifically state that they use buses and vans "in tip top shape and have A/C". They also say "no more dealing with taxis or looking for exchange rates." Do you think they would send a taxi regardless of what they advertise?
I've been corresponding w/ an employee there via e-mail. I'll bring that up to see what he says.
Thanks for your input Rocky. ;)
I really don't know, and a lot of taxis are vans, anyway.
Is there any advantage to them doing the transfer?

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
I really don't know, and a lot of taxis are vans, anyway.
Is there any advantage to them doing the transfer?

Well if it's the same rate as a taxi it's really no big deal. The advantage for me is the convenience of being able to pre-arrange and pay now.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
sounds like he should just hop on Caribe tours or change the flight out to POP instead of SDQ.

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
sounds like he should just hop on Caribe tours or change the flight out to POP instead of SDQ.

I'm a female. I tried to get the flight out of POP but we are flying out to Venezuela and Aeropostal only takes off from Santo Domingo. I think your right though. Rocky had mentioned Caribe Tours to me a while back and it just slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

C

Chip00

I'm a female. I tried to get the flight out of POP but we are flying out to Venezuela and Aeropostal only takes off from Santo Domingo. I think your right though. Rocky had mentioned Caribe Tours to me a while back and it just slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

You must have just stayed at a Holiday Inn or something becasue you just saved a ton of money(haha). I bet a ticket from PP to the Capital will be less tha 10 bucks - good job!

Always research rates here in the DR, always (if you don't like paying more than you really should mind you) :)

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
You must have just stayed at a Holiday Inn or something becasue you just saved a ton of money(haha). I bet a ticket from PP to the Capital will be less tha 10 bucks - good job!

Always research rates here in the DR, always (if you don't like paying more than you really should mind you) :)

We haven't left yet... but we'll be there real soon! Can't wait. Thanks for the tip! ;)

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
Have you thought about hiring a car and dropping it off?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Caribe Tours would take a fair bit longer, of course, but would save you a lot of money.
Is it for just one person?
I see now it's for 2 people, so call it 20 bucks for the bus, then another 25 bucks for a taxi to SDQ from the bus terminal, so you would save well over 100 bucks, but take 2 or 3 hours longer.

settle

Jun 5, 2007
I need help building our home on titled ocean front property. Does anyone know an engineer to start the permit process? The land is between Bani and Azua

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Poppie

Why on earth are you messaging people that offered to help you saying you have arranged all your transport and then posting more ficticious questions on this board?? Why dont you stand by the side of the road in your thong and stick your thumb out:pirate:
Geez, Ladybird.
What's that all about?
Am I missing something?
Can't a person ask a question around here without getting torn apart?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I need help building our home on titled ocean front property. Does anyone know an engineer to start the permit process? The land is between Bani and Azua
Dude, nobody but those reading this thread, are going to see your question.
You need to start your own thread in the appropritate section.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
To the OP, yes you will save money taking Caribe tours, but make sure to check the schedule! THis might not work depending on when you need to be at the airport.

Isaira tours is very dependable, he will not use a taxi but his own vehicles and english speaking drivers. He will get you there safely and on time.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Isaira tours is very dependable, he will not use a taxi but his own vehicles and english speaking drivers. He will get you there safely and on time.
In that case, it sounds like the OP would be best to stick with the original plan, assuming she is comfortable with the price.

Sep 19, 2005
thinking about this question...brings up a few things that would be nice to know. When people talk about a private car....I cant help but think that ANY car might show up....one with a leaky exhaust, one with no a/c, one with bad brakes and or no lights. This comes to mind even if I am thinking a professional business....because I HAVE BENN to the DR MANY times...I have have heard what was being offered ..and I have seen what was delivered...in many aspects......and they are night and day sometimes.

that said.. thos ebig huge busses look nothing BUT comfortable....yes they may take longer , especially since they h a v e t o l o a d u p...everyone, then UNLOAD.....I think on the road they make decent time if there are not a lot of stops....because those drivers fly!!!!!!!!

on another note...people take vacations...they are already making big investments usually...lots of time off work...precious stuff... then they buy the flights and transfers back home....and they book the resorts for care free kicking back...then want to save $50-$100 on something that can COMPLETELY RUIN the whole thing....transportation in the DR!!!

believe me a trip from north to south, has LOTS of potential!!!!!!!!!!!excitement!!! not always the good kind...

good luck

bob