Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this reasonable?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Is this reasonable?

I contacted Isaira Tours about transferring me from my hotel in Cabarete to Santo Domingo airport and I was quoted $165 us.
    Does anyone out there know if this is a good rate as apposed to taking a taxi?
    Thanks in advance for your feedback!! - Relaxtime

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by relaxtime View Post
    I contacted Isaira Tours about transferring me from my hotel in Cabarete to Santo Domingo airport and I was quoted $165 us.
    That is the taxi rate, which no doubt is how they would do the transfer.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default false advertisement?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    That is the taxi rate, which no doubt is how they would do the transfer.
    In their advertisement they specifically state that they use buses and vans "in tip top shape and have A/C". They also say "no more dealing with taxis or looking for exchange rates." Do you think they would send a taxi regardless of what they advertise?
    I've been corresponding w/ an employee there via e-mail. I'll bring that up to see what he says.
    Thanks for your input Rocky.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

In their advertisement they specifically state that they use buses and vans "in tip top shape and have A/C". They also say "no more dealing with taxis or looking for exchange rates." Do you think they would send a taxi regardless of what they advertise?
    I've been corresponding w/ an employee there via e-mail. I'll bring that up to see what he says.
    Thanks for your input Rocky.
    I really don't know, and a lot of taxis are vans, anyway.
    Is there any advantage to them doing the transfer?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I really don't know, and a lot of taxis are vans, anyway.
    Is there any advantage to them doing the transfer?
    Well if it's the same rate as a taxi it's really no big deal. The advantage for me is the convenience of being able to pre-arrange and pay now.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like he should just hop on Caribe tours or change the flight out to POP instead of SDQ.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    sounds like he should just hop on Caribe tours or change the flight out to POP instead of SDQ.
    I'm a female. I tried to get the flight out of POP but we are flying out to Venezuela and Aeropostal only takes off from Santo Domingo. I think your right though. Rocky had mentioned Caribe Tours to me a while back and it just slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder!

Chip00

I'm a female. I tried to get the flight out of POP but we are flying out to Venezuela and Aeropostal only takes off from Santo Domingo. I think your right though. Rocky had mentioned Caribe Tours to me a while back and it just slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder!
    You must have just stayed at a Holiday Inn or something becasue you just saved a ton of money(haha). I bet a ticket from PP to the Capital will be less tha 10 bucks - good job!

Always research rates here in the DR, always (if you don't like paying more than you really should mind you)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip00 View Post
    You must have just stayed at a Holiday Inn or something becasue you just saved a ton of money(haha). I bet a ticket from PP to the Capital will be less tha 10 bucks - good job!

Always research rates here in the DR, always (if you don't like paying more than you really should mind you)
    We haven't left yet... but we'll be there real soon! Can't wait. Thanks for the tip!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought about hiring a car and dropping it off?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast