Looking for a place to rent...

FishRich

Jun 6, 2007
My girlfriend and I are in our mid-twenties and are interested in spending a month in the Dominican Republic. We are looking for a great, white sand beach lined with palm trees with access to snorkeling areas. We would love the beach to be not overly packed with tourists and resorts.

We have found some condos online starting at $400 per month in Sosua, but are not sure this is what we are looking for.

What area of the island would meet our requirements?

Does anyone know of a website or condo complex?

We would love to spend our time in a beach bungalow/hut, but are unable to find any information about this type of accomodation. Do they exist?

Thanks,
FishRich

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My girlfriend and I are in our mid-twenties and are interested in spending a month in the Dominican Republic. We are looking for a great, white sand beach lined with palm trees with access to snorkeling areas. We would love the beach to be not overly packed with tourists and resorts.

We have found some condos online starting at $400 per month in Sosua, but are not sure this is what we are looking for.

What area of the island would meet our requirements?

Does anyone know of a website or condo complex?

We would love to spend our time in a beach bungalow/hut, but are unable to find any information about this type of accomodation. Do they exist?

Thanks,
FishRich
Might not be white sand, but it sounds like the Las Terrenas area would best suit you.
Just Google it up.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
What sort of budget are we looking at? Are you looking for something with meals included or do you not mind cooking?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Not sure if I can post this? But what the hey. Google Los Gringos Dominican Republic. Find Los Gingos. It is near Rio San Juan. Two guys own/manage and speak english.

Good Luck, Ringo

FishRich

Jun 6, 2007
We are looking for something non-inclusive. Preparing our own meals is not a problem. Overall, we are hoping to keep the total cost below $800 for the month. As we have stated before, we have found condos for $250/month in Sosua but are not sure this area is right for us.

Thanks for all of your suggestions so far. We are looking forward to more advice.

FishRich

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
We are looking for something non-inclusive. Preparing our own meals is not a problem. Overall, we are hoping to keep the total cost below $800 for the month. As we have stated before, we have found condos for $250/month in Sosua but are not sure this area is right for us.

Thanks for all of your suggestions so far. We are looking forward to more advice.

FishRich
$800 US for the whole month for 2 people is completely unrealistic.
Not even close.
And $250/month condos in Sosua, would have to be complete dives, if they even exist.
If you saw that on the net, be aware that the price might be based on double occupancy.