What would a visa cost to visit Haiti and return

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Both Americans and Haitians don't need visa to enter Haiti.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ah, but you have to pay the Exit Fee...for Haitians it's $25 and for Americans I think it is $20.>>???? Could be off a bit there..

HB

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
If you don't have Dominican or Haitian citizenship or residency, you pay, if I remember correctly, $25 to leave the DR, $11 to enter Haiti, nothing (? not sure) to leave Haiti, and $10 to get back into the DR.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There is an exit (airport) tax from Haiti, but I can't remember how much. US$25? How was your trip, qgrande?

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
There is an exit (airport) tax from Haiti, but I can't remember how much. US$25? How was your trip, qgrande?
Really, $25? maybe in the airport, I can't remember paying that in Ouanaminthe.
Port-au-Prince was very interesting, thanks Chiri, particularly joining MINUSTAH on a patrol in Martissant, with a Sri Lanka unit that thought the second most violent zone of Haiti, after Cite Soleil, was 'easy, vacation' :paranoid:. After their mission here they'll be back doing real battle back home against the Tamil guerillas. But this is getting off-topic and off-DR, I'll send you an e-mail.

StellaRay

Apr 8, 2007
If I remember correctly, I paid $20 to leave the DR and $10 to enter Haiti. Just to clarify, all that must be paid in US dollars, not the equivalent in pesos....I figure you probably know that already, but just in case you didn't I wanted to make sure you were prepared ;)

slrguy

Oct 17, 2006
The last time I was in Port-au-Prince, the Barbencourt folks paid me to leave the country.Seems their warehouses were running low, and they finally tracked me down as the source of the problem...;)