Looking to Adopt a Dog

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
We are new residents in the Jarabacoa area and are looking for 1 or 2 adult dogs to adopt as guard-pets. We would prefer boxer or doberman, but open to others or mixed breed. We have two grade school aged children who are accustomed to dogs. We had labs in the States.

We have put the word out in our area as well as emailing a vet in Sosua who was recommended to us, but thought we might get some leads from the wider expat community.

bennymack

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Have a Female Looking For a "Good Home"!

That is my Wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I also have a 4 month old "Lady Dog" with short "Blond Hair". She will be "Medium" size when full grown. Her mother lives here,and is a great watchdog,and wonderful with our little kids too! She resembles a small yellow "Lab"! Anyone want a "Good Dog"? We live in Arroyo Hondo,Santo Domingo,Near the Zoo.
Cris Colon CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We are new residents in the Jarabacoa area and are looking for 1 or 2 adult dogs to adopt as guard-pets. We would prefer boxer or doberman, but open to others or mixed breed. We have two grade school aged children who are accustomed to dogs. We had labs in the States.

We have put the word out in our area as well as emailing a vet in Sosua who was recommended to us, but thought we might get some leads from the wider expat community.

bennymack

Did you get any offers yet?

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
Only dogs we have been offered so far are ones that we wouldn't have with kids. Unsocialized dominican guard dogs...so we are still looking. We were offline for about a week so just got the message about the Pet place in Sosua.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
speaking of dogs, anyone know if it's difficult to bring a small dog into the DR from the US ?? assuming all vaccinated, etc...

dwnddindr

Jun 12, 2007
Actually it's pretty easy...

No, it's not difficult to bring a small dog to the DR especially if it has all it's vaccinations and a rabies shot. You actually can contact Judy's Pet Lodge and she will be able to help you with any information you would need to get the dog here, that's who helped us.

DW

Captain Hook

May 18, 2004
I have a dog that needs a home badly

She is a med mixed female and is great with kids. She has had one litter of puppies but got fixed by some nice tourists. SHe will die if she does not find a home as she is very protective of the area she had her puupies and barks at passerbyers. She is so calm and loving but is really skinny and needs love. I have photos of her if you want to see. If you are interested email me and I send you a pix. She is in puerto plata close to the firestation in the city.
If you can please help this dog she would be excellent for a guard dog
From rachelle

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

bennymack

What happened to your Labs?

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
Our Labs

We had labs in the states. One died of lymes disease at the age of 9.5 and the other we gave to friends before we came here. We rented our house before we left and did some traveling in the US and Latin America before landing the Cibao.

As to unsocialized Dominican guard dogs, I mean that they are dogs Dominicans have had outdoors with apparently little training or socializing to humans. To me it is sad to see, but they are better off than the street dogs.

Annie

May 18, 2004
dogs to give to good home

What happened to your Labs?

We have two wonderful guard and family dogs. One is a German Shephherd female , quite a guard dog 3 years old, she is spayed, the other a 8 years old Doberman male. We have two teenagers and they love our kids. Both trained. Riley the female has papers, not Champ the Doberman. Tel. 809 970-7033