restoring faith

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Having been here for many years, perhaps i'm somewhat of a cynic since i'm used to things not working well if at all. I'm also a fairly organized person.
Imagine my surprise when, tonight, AMET motions me to pull to the side in Sosua. Reach to my wallet for current drivers license, then to the glove box for copy of matricula, current insurance card and all registration papers.
Turns out they were doing random checks for drinking and weren't interested in my proper paperwork. OK, that's a good thing checking for drinking.
Afterall, it is against the law and laws not enforced cause laws to not be followed. Which is why I hope for more enforcement in other areas such as, driving the wrong way on one way streets, driving in the oncoming lane even though no one is oncoming, improper parking yada yada yada.
I'm such a wishful thinker.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i can assure you that more of this type of diligent work will be forthcoming as law enforcement has figured out they are a business, not a service to aid and protect the public. more tickets issued, the higher the numbers, shows the need for more officers, more officers = more tickets and salaries will increase as more fines are collected. the seat belt law has been a bonanza for law enforcement as far as collections go and its not hard to catch the criminals or can they really protest. as to driving in RD, i like to think of it as the big leagues, hardball, not for the meek or timid....................and if you get out on the dance floor you better know how to dance merengue.............

B

batich

Having been here for many years, perhaps i'm somewhat of a cynic since i'm used to things not working well if at all. I'm also a fairly organized person.
Imagine my surprise when, tonight, AMET motions me to pull to the side in Sosua. Reach to my wallet for current drivers license, then to the glove box for copy of matricula, current insurance card and all registration papers.
Turns out they were doing random checks for drinking and weren't interested in my proper paperwork. OK, that's a good thing checking for drinking.
Afterall, it is against the law and laws not enforced cause laws to not be followed. Which is why I hope for more enforcement in other areas such as, driving the wrong way on one way streets, driving in the oncoming lane even though no one is oncoming, improper parking yada yada yada.
I'm such a wishful thinker.

So go back to the States what a problem? You` ll have that much " enforcement" that you can ever swallow.

Your every step will be watched and every phone call - taped.

You`ll leave your car for one minute to buy a newspaper you`ll get a $150 ticket, you`ll speed 5 miles over limit on an empty higway - another $150 ticket plus insurance premium increase $500 a year for three years.

You will be VERY happy, trust me.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
So go back to the States what a problem? You` ll have that much " enforcement" that you can ever swallow.

You`ll leave your car for one minute to buy a newspaper you`ll get a $150 ticket, you`ll speed 5 miles over limit on an empty higway - another $150 ticket plus insurance premium increase $500 a year for three years.

Nope, been back to the USA and it clearly isn't for me. However, attending your funeral surely would make me happy. You are such a pleasant chap. Trust you? Now that's the best laugh i've had in a while.

B

batich

Nope, been back to the USA and it clearly isn't for me. However, attending your funeral surely would make me happy. You are such a pleasant chap. Trust you? Now that's the best laugh i've had in a while.

I see you do not know what usually happens to people who wish DEATH to others.

Well, well...

Be very careful, my friend.

Life is so full of unexpected things and events...

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002

Well, well...

Once again you have demonstrated your inability to understand language. Read slowly what I wrote, then go to a mirror, if you have one that's not broken, and remind yourself that you are a moron and unable to comprehend your surroundings.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
For Me

I rather like Sr. Alan's suggestion that we would like to see more enforcement of the laws. It doesn't mean at all that it would mean a police state like the US or Europe where your every move is monitored. I won't comment on your b.s. veiled threat or whatever it was intended to be. oh well, i guess I just did comment, didn't I.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Inty

I wasn't very specific. my comment was intended for sr. or sra.Batich.

BlueLodge

Dec 28, 2005
With his grasp of language and logical thought process, he (batich) is destined for better things in life. Please patronize his future business ventures, "motoconchos r me" or "publicars r me".
BTW batich, the stripes in the highways are not for decoration, they have meaning. Same with the red, yellow and green lights at intersections.
This has been a public service announcement.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying you disapprove of the cops checking for drunk drivers?
If so, why don't you just say so, and if not, then what the heck are you saying?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What was the name of that fairy tale?

Well, well...

Mr. Batich--can't remember for the life of me the name of that fairy tale (think it was Eastern European, Translyvania?) that you are referring to.
The one where the witch in her black outfit, etc. Or was it the voodoo woman in Haiti that would stick pins in the Batich doll if he would be happy and not such a negative person?

Batich--Lighten up will you? There are some days without black clouds overhead.
To work, to work, its off to work we go..see how HAPPY I am?
JOHN

B

batich

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying you disapprove of the cops checking for drunk drivers?
If so, why don't you just say so, and if not, then what the heck are you saying?

Unlike a typical NA male I was not brain washed since the very early childhood nor trained to OBEY, to trust or respect ANY kind of authority.

I have no illusions regarding who in reality are cops or other "superiors" and what they want and need.

Those who were trained to be sheep in the herd will nevere understand. Waste of time.

Different mentality.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nothing like a little Friday morning drama! You could have at least waited until I had my pop-corn.

If you going to have personal digs at each other, that's fine by me, but please do it off of DR1.

Batich, you sound like a real miserable SOB. I'm sure it's not true and I would be happy for you to prove me wrong. Send me a PM, let's go have a beer sometime.

B

batich

Nothing like a little Friday morning drama! You could have at least waited until I had my pop-corn.

If you going to have personal digs at each other, that's fine by me, but please do it off of DR1.

Batich, you sound like a real miserable SOB. I'm sure it's not true and I would be happy for you to prove me wrong. Send me a PM, let's go have a beer sometime.

Long time passed since when I had to prove anything to anybody.

I already proved everything to MYSELF.

Those 40-50 year old kids want to be teached like school children by somebody in uniform?

It is their sacred right. Let them have red flag in their hands.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I was pulled over too....

Don't worry too much though, they motioned to me to wind down the window and then asked me if I was drunk or not. I decided not to labour the point and despite having had several beers discretion kicked in so I replied "I haven't had a c*nt all night drinkstable" - I just couldn't resist it and the funny thing was that they just waved me on my way.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Don't worry too much though, they motioned to me to wind down the window and then asked me if I was drunk or not. I decided not to labour the point and despite having had several beers discretion kicked in so I replied "I haven't had a c*nt all night drinkstable" - I just couldn't resist it and the funny thing was that they just waved me on my way.
I wonder how much bail would have been if he spoke perfect English.