Great news for Americans without a passport!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
And...............

This only applies if you filed an application, and did not receive your passport. According to this link, you must prove you applied for a passport.

U.S. Citizens with Pending Passport Applications Allowed Temporary Travel Flexibility

Why not start a poll?

tambo'

the news stories on it also say that the passengers will be subject to increased scrutiny and questioning......................THERE'S NOTHING GREAT ABOUT IT.............it is just a measure to let people travel until their passports come in...............NOTHING MORE.............

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
They better not let any SOB travel without a passport. I ran through the hoops to get mine, so ever MF out there better do the same!! GRRRRRRRR...

HB

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
Help! My own passport is somewhere in this mess. I sent it to be renewed in April for a mid-July trip to SD. So, I went to Passport Office website and they sent me an email saying it was "being processed." However, if I do not receive it 2 weeks before my trip, I can call them and they will get it to me Express Mail asap for $60 more using a credit card! Maybe they just want the extra money!?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
LatinoRican, you and your granny are in luck, ..

New U.S. Passport Rules Postponed for at Least Six Months

By Spencer S. Hsu and William Branigin
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, June 21, 2007; Page A11

The Bush administration yesterday postponed for at least six months a new security rule that Americans show a passport when crossing U.S. borders by land or by sea, requiring instead that citizens present an identity card and proof of citizenship upon entry for the first time beginning Jan. 31.
Under the change, travelers returning from Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean would no longer be able to make a verbal declaration of U.S. citizenship, but would have to present a government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or certain "trusted traveler" cards, and a birth certificate.

Children under 16 years of age could present certified copies of birth certificates.
The Homeland Security and State Departments said they expect to require passports or similar documents no sooner than summer 2008.